Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatKirstyGirl)
    Hey Guys!
    Applying to do Law at UCL- haven't heard yet... Really don't want a rejection!
    Anyone else doing Law?
    If so, heard anything yet?
    I've applied for Law but still haven't heard anything (except an acknowledgment) I really want an offer though :rolleyes:

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    I just got an email saying that they have recommended I be made a conditional offer for Biochemistry. That means I'm in, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natashapt)
    Fab! None yet but i'm optimistic , its only been 3 weeks and if i get no offers i'll sell pirate dvds and go on the dole... joke
    thanks.
    Aw I'm sure you'll be fine but I'm thinking the same if I fail my A Levels

ReputationRep:
    I am mailing them if they could lower my conditional offer a bit. Make it more flexible. Currently it stands at 70% marks in my first year in DU. Would you recommend mailing them about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shubham_ag)
    I am mailing them if they could lower my conditional offer a bit. Make it more flexible. Currently it stands at 70% marks in my first year in DU. Would you recommend mailing them about it?
    I don't they would like it.
    They gave you an offer and you should be able to meet it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ragaa)
    I don't they would like it.
    They gave you an offer and you should be able to meet it.
    Yes, that is what I was thinking. That is why I have just saved the mail in my Drafts. Was contemplating whether to mail them or not. I think a better bet would be working my ass off, wait for my results and then if I get 2-3% lower, shooting them an eloquently worded mail about the same. huh?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, that is what I was thinking. That is why I have just saved the mail in my Drafts. Was contemplating whether to mail them or not. I think a better bet would be working my ass off, wait for my results and then if I get 2-3% lower, shooting them an eloquently worded mail about the same. huh?
    Study hard and meet your offer.
    goodluck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ragaa)
    Study hard and meet your offer.
    goodluck
    But but do you really think they are that strict that they would reject me if I get even 2% lower than my conditional offer?? :eek:
    That is really freaking me out because 70% in Delhi University is freakishly tough. So, I just want the reassurance that they'll accept me even if I screw up just a wee bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gabriela)
    I've applied for Law but still haven't heard anything (except an acknowledgment) I really want an offer though :rolleyes:

Good Luck!
    Ahh, where else have you applied?
    Heard anything? :P
    Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorenfors)
    I just got an email saying that they have recommended I be made a conditional offer for Biochemistry. That means I'm in, right?
    yes, i have received the same email yesterday, also for biochemistry. They will send more information in an official letter.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, that means you're in :yep:
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    conditional for chemical engineering ^^hahahahahaha
    my breath nearly stopped when I saw the email from track

A in maths, and AB in chem and physics in any order~~

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to eveyone who has had an offer and comiserations to those that haven't, and patience to the rest of us who are in limbo.

ReputationRep:
    It means you have been made an offer. You're not "in" until you meet the offer.

ReputationRep:
    But but do you really think they are that strict that they would reject me if I get even 2% lower than my conditional offer?? :eek:
    That is really freaking me out because 70% in Delhi University is freakishly tough. So, I just want the reassurance that they'll accept me even if I screw up just a wee bit.
    If you don't meet the offer, you're not in. UCL is highly competitive and have no problem finding enough students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sawasdee)
    OFFER!!!!

Course - Chemical Engineering
    Grade A - Mathematics
    and Grade A - Chemistry
    and Grade B - Further Mathematics

I AM OVER THE MOON RIGHT NOW
    (Just wonder, are there any applicants with higher/lower offer than me? or mine is a standard for this year?)
    mine is A in maths, AB in physics and chem in any order=), btw i am from singapore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viola146)
    If you don't meet the offer, you're not in. UCL is highly competitive and have no problem finding enough students.
    That is just plain Sad.

Now, I see my UCL dream slowly fading away. Why can't they be lenient like Manchester or Leeds. :P

ReputationRep:
    That is just plain Sad.

Now, I see my UCL dream slowly fading away. Why can't they be lenient like Manchester or Leeds. :P
    Don't worry about it until you get your results. Concentrate on meeting the offer, and if you just miss it there's no harm begging on the phone.

ReputationRep:
    Did you had an interview?? I applied to biochemistry too and I haven't heard anything back after sending the survey.

ReputationRep:
    depends on the course and subject.
    For instance if it is medicine, that would be a rejection.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 24, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. UCL
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.