Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manthew)
    Urgh you know what? Stop bugging around. The reason you've been made that offer, I think, is that it is equivalent to an A (or A*) in A-levels. At least that's what they think. Now stop whining on 'what if' and focus on 'what to do'. Jeezz you've been quite annoying since your first inquiry.
    Sorry.

I know I am being bugging. I read all my posts and got irritated at myself, lol.
    Yes, you are right. No more stupid what if's. Exams in May. I got 5 months.

UCL, Here I comeeeeeeeeeeee!!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had the questionnaire for history? Just sent mine back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evieyang)
    mine is A in maths, AB in physics and chem in any order=), btw i am from singapore
    Hiya :hi: congrats with the offer.

Good luck with your application and hope to see you at UCL (if UCL is your first choice)

I'm from Thailand but living in the UK for about 3years-ish

ReputationRep:
    Any offers for maths with economics anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ls123)
    haha, I love you for asking this on my behalf

but yeah, how was it?
    It was good, the TSA wasn't as bad as I thought it would be (but then most people seemed to do the last 5 questions in like 5 seconds :P)

(Original post by ls123)
    What were most people wearing? Was there anyone in jeans?
    I was in jeans :P There were a few guys in suits but most people there were dressed smart-casually (can you use that as an adverb? haha)

(Original post by ls123)
    Was it only group discussion or ALSO single interview???
    No single interviews, just a group discussion. To my (and possibly everyone's) relief. And the discussion, as you will be told about 5 times, doesn't count towards your assessment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou12)
    I sent off my Biochem survey about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet either . When did you send yours off?
    two weeks ago as well, this waiting is killing me. I'm off to revise for Jan exam.
    send me pm if you hear anything I will do the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkeyDace)
    two weeks ago as well, this waiting is killing me. I'm off to revise for Jan exam.
    send me pm if you hear anything I will do the same
    Of course i will Good luck

ReputationRep:
    sorry if this is a pretty simple question but when do UCL hold interviews and open days etc? Im a reapplicant, but this time last year I had my interview in early december and then my offer came through UCAS few days before xmas day.

This year ive heard nothing from UCL (im applying for natsci and biochemical engineering btw), do they do interviews in january or are most of them in december? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Information management for business offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gery2010)
    For those who had an interview yesterday for ESPS, how was it?

(Original post by ls123)
    haha, I love you for asking this on my behalf

but yeah, how was it? What were most people wearing? Was there anyone in jeans? Was it only group discussion or ALSO single interview???
    No interview, we had a talk about the course in a lecture theatre, then sat the TSA which was horribly difficult compared to the practise papers and oxford TSA, then went to the discussion groups which they told us were unassessed and just a taster of the course.
    They said the only assessment that day was the test and then what they already had from us. (statement, grades, references)
    I wore smart jeans and a shirt, some people wore suits, some people looked like they hadn't made an effort at all, don't think it mattered that much.
    Seemed like a bit of a pointless trip really, could've just sat the TSA at our centres like we did for Oxford :/
    After the discussion group they left us with some students for a tour if we wanted or just for a chat. I don't live far from London and I was knackered from Oxford, starving because the test and discussion lasted ages and just generally thought I was gonna collapse so started travelling home rather than sticking around :/
    Hope that's what you wanted to know!

Edit: Only just noticed the other two pages of replies and somebody else had already answered... sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soloman)
    sorry if this is a pretty simple question but when do UCL hold interviews and open days etc? Im a reapplicant, but this time last year I had my interview in early december and then my offer came through UCAS few days before xmas day.

This year ive heard nothing from UCL (im applying for natsci and biochemical engineering btw), do they do interviews in january or are most of them in december? Thanks
    From what I have read on here, the first round of interviews was in December. I know some people had theirs on the first of December, others on the 15th.
    (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?filter[threadid]=1419560&sortby=date+desc&query= december+interview

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...er%20interview)

But that doesn't mean you were unsuccessful or anything. I guess you'll just have to be patient and wait. Oh and some people are getting offers without interviews, too =o

Good luck! =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyc)
    Congrats! Are you an international student, or did you get your results last year?

What was your offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanceisLifee)
    I had my interview on the 24th of November, and got a letter of recommendation the week after. I did apply a fair while before the Oxford deadline, when did you apply?
    I applied just before the October holidays and was sent off in early November. My interview is 26th January. How did you find your interview? What kind of thing did they ask you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomrawr)
    No interview, we had a talk about the course in a lecture theatre, then sat the TSA which was horribly difficult compared to the practise papers and oxford TSA, then went to the discussion groups which they told us were unassessed and just a taster of the course.
    They said the only assessment that day was the test and then what they already had from us. (statement, grades, references)
    I wore smart jeans and a shirt, some people wore suits, some people looked like they hadn't made an effort at all, don't think it mattered that much.
    Seemed like a bit of a pointless trip really, could've just sat the TSA at our centres like we did for Oxford :/
    After the discussion group they left us with some students for a tour if we wanted or just for a chat. I don't live far from London and I was knackered from Oxford, starving because the test and discussion lasted ages and just generally thought I was gonna collapse so started travelling home rather than sticking around :/
    Hope that's what you wanted to know!

Edit: Only just noticed the other two pages of replies and somebody else had already answered... sorry!

GOOD I'm coming from Italy just to take a test. GOOD XD haha

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyc)
    what subjects you do what you predicted and what was your offer? IMB my first choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safcal93)
    Has anyone had the questionnaire for history? Just sent mine back
    Sent mine off 1 month ago... still waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazvsmozilla)
    I applied just before the October holidays and was sent off in early November. My interview is 26th January. How did you find your interview? What kind of thing did they ask you?
    It was really quite informal, the interviewer was an absolute darling, started telling me about his daughters :P nothing to worry about really, was just a chat about my motivations for studying the subject know your ps though, he mentioned bits from that in passing. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Booom)
    Congrats! Are you an international student, or did you get your results last year?

What was your offer?
    (Original post by ashton.alfred)
    what subjects you do what you predicted and what was your offer? IMB my first choice
    I'm current a-levels home student. I was predicted AAB with an A gained last year, so AAAB altogether. My offer was ABB which means I only need to get 2Bs now Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyc)
    I'm current a-levels home student. I was predicted AAB with an A gained last year, so AAAB altogether. My offer was ABB which means I only need to get 2Bs now Good luck!
    Ah nice work - did you have an interview at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kyc)
    Nice job man! I'm in a similar position where I got an A grade last year, there's so much less pressure this year I've found it really helps. What subjects do you do?

University open days

1. UCL
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.