Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safcal93)
    Has anyone got an offer for history after the questionnaire ??
    This.

Application sent: 29th September
    Questionnaire sent in time for the deadline: 3rd November
    Reply from UCL confirming receipt: 11th November

Just wondering if I'll get a pre-Christmas decision... could do with some cheering up with the long Cambridge wait to go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanceisLifee)
    It was really quite informal, the interviewer was an absolute darling, started telling me about his daughters :P nothing to worry about really, was just a chat about my motivations for studying the subject know your ps though, he mentioned bits from that in passing. Good luck!
    Thank you! That's put my mind at ease :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evieyang)
    conditional for chemical engineering ^^hahahahahaha
    my breath nearly stopped when I saw the email from track

A in maths, and AB in chem and physics in any order~~
    Congrats!!!! Hope you still rem me from yougo hehe
    I had my cambridge interview on monday and it was horrible, my brain was like blank and i failed that.. You heard back from imperial yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sawasdee)
    Hiya :hi: congrats with the offer.

Good luck with your application and hope to see you at UCL (if UCL is your first choice)

I'm from Thailand but living in the UK for about 3years-ish
    Have you applied as an international student?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucysisi)
    Congrats!!!! Hope you still rem me from yougo hehe
    I had my cambridge interview on monday and it was horrible, my brain was like blank and i failed that.. You heard back from imperial yet?
    of course i rem you^^haha

nope, imperial said it was unlikely for it to make a decision until jan 15th. and no more message after that acknowledgement email......

my cam interview and written test were also horrible...i guess i am waiting a rejection now~~

ah, and congrats on your imperial offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mischawashere)
    Conditional : UCL,City,Brunel! Will join UCL if I meet their conditions or else it'll be City although I'm really hoping for UCL
    Rejected by Imperial but who the **** wants them?
    I'm a CBSE student and I need like 90% to get into UCL which seems impossible but I hope they'll let me in with a 85%?
    Have you guys ever heard of situations where UCL takes in people even if they don't meet the conditions? 90 percentile in CBSE is crazy high
    btw I'm a girl and I've applied for Electrical and Electronic Engineering
    See it this way:

Imperial rejected you
    -maybe because you are not a strong applicants

The competition to UCL is as high as Imperial
    -It is very likely UCL only accepts strong applicants
    -Since Imperial Rejected you, it probably means that your application isn't strong for UCL as well

Hence, there is a high possibility that you will get rejected from UCL as well. Although, it is only a speculation.

Second point: If UCL does give you a 90% percentile, it could means that it is equivalent to the A-levels grades (eg AAA) needed to get in.

Question: Isn't Engineering in Imperial deemed as "The One" from Indian perspective? Oh I can assure you there are many people out there "want" them.

ReputationRep:
    Conditional : UCL,City,Brunel! Will join UCL if I meet their conditions or else it'll be City although I'm really hoping for UCL
    Rejected by Imperial but who the **** wants them?
    I'm a CBSE student and I need like 90% to get into UCL which seems impossible but I hope they'll let me in with a 85%?
    Have you guys ever heard of situations where UCL takes in people even if they don't meet the conditions? 90 percentile in CBSE is crazy high
    btw I'm a girl and I've applied for Electrical and Electronic Engineering
    I swear everyone in India gets like 90% because they are crazy smart :eek: 90% for you should be a doddle! Besides, like manthew said, 90% is AAA. So it's only fair. I highly doubt UCL will take you on if you miss your conditions tbh, because they are VERY competitive and almost as competitive as Imperial. I'm surprised you got rejected from Imperial actually... did they say a reason why? So far, I've only heard of international students (who are the minority) getting rejected

(Original post by manthew)
    See it this way:

Imperial rejected you
    -maybe because you are not a strong applicants

The competition to UCL is as high as Imperial
    -It is very likely UCL only accepts strong applicants
    -Since Imperial Rejected you, it probably means that your application isn't strong for UCL as well

Hence, there is a high possibility that you will get rejected from UCL as well. Although, it is only a speculation.

Second point: If UCL does give you a 90% percentile, it could means that it is equivalent to the A-levels grades (eg AAA) needed to get in.

Question: Isn't Engineering in Imperial deemed as "The One" from Indian perspective? Oh I can assure you there are many people out there "want" them.
    I think Imperial pays a lot of attention to your personal statement. I think if they get the feeling that you're doing (for example) EEE for the sake of it and not because you want to, it's a rejection straight away. I know a couple of others who felt that way too because they thought their interview/grades were average to Imperial's standards but they had stellar PSs so they got offers.

And hell yeah there are many people that want them. They are so perfect :love: Free gym membership, bang smack in the middle of London, 5 minutes away from all the museums, few tube stops away from Oxford street. :heart: Oh and the course is really good :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Applying to CS here
    My UCAS was only sent off last week thanks to my incompetent college
    Not had an acknowledgement from UCL yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by South's Finest)
    Applying to CS here
    My UCAS was only sent off last week thanks to my incompetent college
    Not had an acknowledgement from UCL yet
    Oh yay, another computer scientist! :clap2: UCL got back to me quick so I'm sure they will acknowledge you in the next couple of days Good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikita_atikin)
    Oh yay, another computer scientist! :clap2: UCL got back to me quick so I'm sure they will acknowledge you in the next couple of days Good luck with your application!
    Cheers
    Good luck with yours as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by South's Finest)
    Cheers
    Good luck with yours as well
    Thanks I'm waiting for their reply actually. They said 2 weeks time from the interview, which means I should hear from them by Wednesday A bit nervous!

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I think my personal statement was pretty good..I didn't have grades good enough for Imperial to be honest.
    I don't know why, I know that Imperial >>>> UCL ,atleast to me but I have a feeling that UCL and I will be perfect for eachother.Highly unlikely the feeling is mutual though.
    Even my friends think I'm crazy for not liking Imperial much.

and Nikita..Imperial has always been a dream..but I can survive without them..UCL not so much..and guys please stop rubbing in my face tht UCL is going to reject me
    Well grades are the first port of call so if you don't get the grades, then that's possibly why Imperial rejected you. And we're not trying to tell you that UCL will reject you but international student face stiff competition against other international students. Nearly all international students are amazing A* students.

I'm surprised you prefer UCL to Imperial, have you visited either of them at all? UCL was a lot more traditional (which I can cope with, but I prefer a modern place). Some of my friends thought it was a "dump" :rolleyes: but I reckon it's for you if you like traditional places.

You already have an offer from UCL so now all you have to do is meet those conditions. If you don't, you get rejected. It works the same for everyone. I have loads of cousins in India who do the CBSE thing and they all get 90%+ so I don't see why you can't do it. You should have just done the IB. Indians in general are really smart so like I said, 90% should be a piece o' cake for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikita_atikin)
    Well grades are the first port of call so if you don't get the grades, then that's possibly why Imperial rejected you. And we're not trying to tell you that UCL will reject you but international student face stiff competition against other international students. Nearly all international students are amazing A* students.

I'm surprised you prefer UCL to Imperial, have you visited either of them at all? UCL was a lot more traditional (which I can cope with, but I prefer a modern place). Some of my friends thought it was a "dump" :rolleyes: but I reckon it's for you if you like traditional places.

You already have an offer from UCL so now all you have to do is meet those conditions. If you don't, you get rejected. It works the same for everyone. I have loads of cousins in India who do the CBSE thing and they all get 90%+ so I don't see why you can't do it. You should have just done the IB. Indians in general are really smart so like I said, 90% should be a piece o' cake for you.
    "nearly all international students are amazing A* students" is the most arrogant claim I have seen on TSR in a while. You obviously do not know many international applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mir3a)
    "nearly all international students are amazing A* students" is the most arrogant claim I have seen on TSR in a while. You obviously do not know many international applicants.
    How is it arrogant? :confused: I'm praising them! They seem very intellectual when you do talk to them.

ReputationRep:
    got an interview nxt year! So excited!

ReputationRep:
    Someone help me out?

'...we would like to invite you to an Open day. It is our policy to invite all those applicants we are considering (and who do not live very far away) and we do not usually make offers to applicants until after they have attended... During the afternoon, we will:
    - discuss the organisation of the degree course
    - admissions procedures
    - talk to staff and students
    - participate in a short seminar with department staff...'

Does that mean I have an offer or is it an interview or...? Trés confused lyk. Any help would be appriciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soloman)
    sorry if this is a pretty simple question but when do UCL hold interviews and open days etc? Im a reapplicant, but this time last year I had my interview in early december and then my offer came through UCAS few days before xmas day.

This year ive heard nothing from UCL (im applying for natsci and biochemical engineering btw), do they do interviews in january or are most of them in december? Thanks

helloo,
    im applying for biochem eng too, and am really loving the course outlook..
    heard from them a few days ago though, i was invited to an interview, but i dont live far so that might be why.. heard some people get offers without any interviews.

which one are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    I do agree Indians are pretty smart but I just think the reason why many Indians score well is cause they work really hard.If you're aware about the competition in India you'd know..they work their asses off..I've never done that since I'm easily disturbed and stuff..I wish I could study like them though
    How about instead of the 90% I get like 85%? cause my predicted grades were like 86%! Nothing that great and they gave me a conditional offer.However I did have backup like taking part in a Robotic Competition and stuff and I've won a proficiency award in Science when I was in like Grade 10.
    I'm sure UCL would offer you 90% if they hough you could achieve it. I'm not sure how your exams work but 86% to 90% would be 4% so does that mean you need 4 marks? I'm sure you are capable of achieving 90% but like you said, don't get distracted easily

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bishnu)
    Have you applied as an international student?
    Ummm Idk really, which bit of ucas application indicates that the applicant is home/international student?

ReputationRep:
    Hiiiiii,
    Interview for Biology in Jan/Feb!!!!! What can I expect??? Formal/Informal?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.