Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abiiiii)
    Sorry to be nosey but can I ask what your GCSEs were? coz my rejection was based on LNAT but I got an oxford interview so mine can't have been thatttt bad (I know UCL expect more from it but you know what I mean) so I'm thinking they might weight it against GCSEs or something maybe? Thanks
    Yeah I get you. I got 4 A*s and 6 A's. I think they take everything into consideration. To be honest, I think I probably did below average on the LNAT but other things helped me to get an offer. Sorry to hear about the rejection, good luck for Oxford!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcozza)
    Yeah I get you. I got 4 A*s and 6 A's. I think they take everything into consideration. To be honest, I think I probably did below average on the LNAT but other things helped me to get an offer. Sorry to hear about the rejection, good luck for Oxford!
    Thank you we actually have quite similar GCSEs so maybe I'm wrong about that, or you must have done a lot better than you expected in the LNAT! think I'm gonna be cheeky and email them to ask what my LNAT was

ReputationRep:
    Waiting is horrible but don't worry about your LNAT too much. I got an offer on the 20th and I thought I'd done terribly on the LNAT. I actually had to press any button for the last 8 questions because I only had 30 seconds left and I didn't finish the essay. I was certain I was going to be rejected so I was really shocked when I got an offer. Just stay positive
    Congratulations! Early Christmas present ey. I'm set on going to UCL and because of this I'm extremely scared. I can't even remember my LNAT experience, I blocked it out as soon as it was done lol.

Btw, when did you send your app off?

ReputationRep:
    I got a letter from the UCL Statistics department 3 weeks ago calling me to an Open Day. It said that they intended to offer me a place but that this was subject to approval from the Economics department (I applied for Economics and Statistics).

Do you think being rejected is still a possibility at this stage or will I be OK?

SO STRESSFUL

ReputationRep:
    Thank you we actually have quite similar GCSEs so maybe I'm wrong about that, or you must have done a lot better than you expected in the LNAT! think I'm gonna be cheeky and email them to ask what my LNAT was
    Hm, maybe I did. Yeah I think UCL have to give you your results but I'm not sure. If not, they get released in January anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald_Green)
    Congratulations! Early Christmas present ey. I'm set on going to UCL and because of this I'm extremely scared. I can't even remember my LNAT experience, I blocked it out as soon as it was done lol.

Btw, when did you send your app off?
    Thank you Haha that's the best thing to do, just block it out. I couldn't do that and i've been stressing about it for the past month :P.

I sent my app off on October 12th and I think I did my LNAT sometime in mid November , might have been the 17th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeatFreak)
    I got a letter from the UCL Statistics department 3 weeks ago calling me to an Open Day. It said that they intended to offer me a place but that this was subject to approval from the Economics department (I applied for Economics and Statistics).

Do you think being rejected is still a possibility at this stage or will I be OK?

SO STRESSFUL
    I wouldn't stress about it for now (I know thats easier said than done.) I doubt they'll suddenly turn around and reject you if they've invited you to an open day and are just waiting for confirmation. Congratulations, to me it seems like you've got it in the bag!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald_Green)
    If you don't mind me asking, when did you send off your app? I'm anxiously waiting for a reply from UCL I think I messed up my LNAT too.
    I sent mine off on the 23rd September and sat my LNAT on 12th October. I don't know why they waited so long to give me a rejection if they saw that my LNAT wasn't up to scratch in the first place!
    I don't know whether to email them to find out my score or not, I've applied to Kings which takes the LNAT too so I'm worried now! If not I guess it comes out at the end of January anyway.

Does anyone think I should email the admissions tutors to find out?

ReputationRep:
    same, same explanation as well waiting on my letter from oxford today as well after screwing up the interview so am thinking this may be one of the worst days ever :/
    It's heartbreaking isn't it! Good luck for Oxford!

ReputationRep:
    Q101 Linguistics (international programme) offer, conditional on attending an offer day :woohoo:

=excuse to eat at the Dutch Pancake House for a mere fiver. open day's on a monday :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an English offer yet? I had my interview on the 24th of November and they said I should hear within 3-5 weeks of that date. Arrggh the waiting is killing me, especially as I can predict the content of the letter/email: "We are sorry to inform you..."

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone.

I was unfortunately rejected from UCL Law too Trying not to be too bummed about it. Haha. Anyway, I just wanted to ask the distinction in feedback between poor performance in the LNAT vs 'judged not to be as strong as other applicants'. Will the feedback on the UCAS decision letter explicitly mention poor LNAT performance, or is this an assumption generally fitted into the generic 'judged not to be as strong as others'?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rkedgley)
    I sent mine off on the 23rd September and sat my LNAT on 12th October. I don't know why they waited so long to give me a rejection if they saw that my LNAT wasn't up to scratch in the first place!
    I don't know whether to email them to find out my score or not, I've applied to Kings which takes the LNAT too so I'm worried now! If not I guess it comes out at the end of January anyway.

Does anyone think I should email the admissions tutors to find out?
    Same, I'm sp worried now because I have 3 LNAT unis, and looking at the situation... Ugh. Anyway I emailed the email they sent as an acknowledgement. Haven't had a reply but it has to be lnat. Damn it.

ReputationRep:
    WOOHOO just got an offer letter today for UCL Pharmacology

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Haha that's the best thing to do, just block it out. I couldn't do that and i've been stressing about it for the past month :P.

I sent my app off on October 12th and I think I did my LNAT sometime in mid November , might have been the 17th.
    Btw, did you receive your offer through the post or via email/UCAS track update?

ReputationRep:
    wooooooooooooo HISTORY wooooooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connorbrown)
    wooooooooooooo HISTORY wooooooo
    SAME HERE, oh my god! I saw the UCAS notification and nearly had a heart attack - I thought they'd only be communicating rejections through UCAS first! I'm over the moon...

ReputationRep:
    Offer for History!! Get in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiamingles)
    Has anyone got an English offer yet? I had my interview on the 24th of November and they said I should hear within 3-5 weeks of that date. Arrggh the waiting is killing me, especially as I can predict the content of the letter/email: "We are sorry to inform you..."
    I haven't heard anything either and my interview was on November 17th. I know that a girl at my school is being interviewed some time in January, so they may be waiting until they're done with all applicants at the interview stage. Fingers crossed though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiec)
    I haven't heard anything either and my interview was on November 17th. I know that a girl at my school is being interviewed some time in January, so they may be waiting until they're done with all applicants at the interview stage. Fingers crossed though
    Blimey, that's 5 weeks today! In my interview they said they would get back to me within 3-5 weeks. I'm getting so anxious now. What grades have you got, and how did you think the interview went? I highly doubt I've got a place...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.