ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayjaybird33)
    Withdrew my application

Good luck to you all
    How come?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firaila)
    How come?
    Their linguistics course didn't appeal to me. I preferred KCL's approach to linguistics more.

Just a personal preference.

ReputationRep:
    Withdrew my application

Good luck to you all
    I know this is the UCL thread, but congrats on KCL!

If you'll be happier with the course there, that's all that matters, really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EcstaticMuse)
    I know this is the UCL thread, but congrats on KCL!

If you'll be happier with the course there, that's all that matters, really.
    HDU mention that here!!! :P

Thank you bb!

ReputationRep:
    HDU mention that here!!! :P

Thank you bb!
    Haha, I know. It's treason in this thread. :eek:

(But since I'm the OP, I'm sure I've got some kind of immunity. )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanceisLifee)
    Hey guys, just wanted to ask what sounds like a rather stupid question.

If POST-INTERVIEW you get a letter along the lines of 'I am delighted to inform you I am recommending you to the Faculty Office for an offer .... you will hear confirmation and details of this from the Faculty and consequently UCAS shortly' does this actually constitute an offer, or can they rescind it? Its been nearly a month since my interview and I've heard nothing

Applied for HumSci btw
    Yes it does. A bunch of friends received such letters and much like in your case they haven't received any further news. I think UCL just takes an awfully long time to make things official. Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for english lit, for my interview 12th January. Anyone else being interviewed then? If you have been interviewed, what was it and the exam like? (admittedly oxford is my first choice but would still be nice to get in )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiec)
    Seriously, don't worry about the seven-year-olds stealing your place, I've never heard anyone under the age of 9 using the word "competent", so you should have an advantage I've applied for Cambridge, UCL, Edinburgh, St. Andrews, and I've already had a rejection from Durham. I see you went for the high risk approach like me. Any luck so far? xx
    I've had a rejection from Durham too! I don't understand it... I haven't had any offers as of yet, but at the moment I'm frantically checking my emails/the post 20 times a day! You? Which college did you apply to in Cambridge? I applied to Trinity Hall. I JUST WANT TO KNOW NOW xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -beads-)
    Me!

Username: -beads-
    Course: Chemical Engineering MEng
    Entry: 2011

Good luck all!

Can I just ask, non-medicine interviews, are they technical and formal?

I've heard that outside Medicine, UCL only interview candidates that they will accept, if you are interviewed, you will get an offer and it'll just be about the course, why UCL and to see if you fit into UCL.

Is this true?
    My UCL interview was VERY technical.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1#post29038421

UCL Firm 2011 Entry!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Philo and Econs. I'm an international student and since they can't interview me in person, apparently they'll send me essay questions to do?

WHERE ARE THE QUESTIONS I AM DYING HERE.

Would they reject me before?

Results
    Spoiler:
    Show
    GCSE Equivalent
    5A+ 3A 3A-
    1A - 1119 English

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=alxsoky;29046838]I'm applying for Philo and Econs. I'm an international student and since they can't interview me in person, apparently they'll send me essay questions to do?

WHERE ARE THE QUESTIONS I AM DYING HERE.

Would they reject me before?

Same over here!
    I haven't received anything. But as far as I know nobody has got a questionnaire for phy&eco up to now. At least I haven't seen one single person.

Has anybody different information?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by svahdati)
    I'm really worried, I haven't been invited for interview BUT I haven't been rejected yet either?!
    Why would they do this... I would like some kind of clarity in my life... But no, just a blank :/.
    Good luck guys anyway! What were the interviewers like?
    x
    In the same boat as you - it's killing me when did you apply??

ReputationRep:
    Aaaaaand I'm talking about english lit (q300) btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgeZl)
    Yes it does. A bunch of friends received such letters and much like in your case they haven't received any further news. I think UCL just takes an awfully long time to make things official. Congratulations!
    So the fact that it hasn't come up on Track yet doesn't matter? Do you know roughly how long ago your friends got accepted? I just want it to be officially official so I can celebrate haha thankss

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview from them. ARGH. They either send people for an interview (borderline applicants) or open day (offer basically). Did not want this at all. They gave me two dates to attend - one in January and one in March. I've asked for the March date but I have little intention right now to attend...I'm planning on waiting for my other offers and see what they say. If they've all accepted me by that time, I'll probably withdraw my application from them. Any otehr interview phobes out there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noodlzzz)
    For those that applied to courses requiring questionnaires, anyone yet to receive one?
    I've applied for Ancient World Studies and they sent me a questionnaire at the end of October to return two weeks later. I turned it in, and since then, haven't heard a thing from them... How about you? Which course are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForFreedom)
    I have an interview from them. ARGH. They either send people for an interview (borderline applicants) or open day (offer basically). Did not want this at all. They gave me two dates to attend - one in January and one in March. I've asked for the March date but I have little intention right now to attend...I'm planning on waiting for my other offers and see what they say. If they've all accepted me by that time, I'll probably withdraw my application from them. Any otehr interview phobes out there
    What coure are you applying for? An interview may be compulsary for your subject so don't feel too downhearted. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by auburnette_17)
    In the same boat as you - it's killing me when did you apply??
    I applied about 2 days before the Oxbridge deadline... like the 13th October.
    It's basically the only uni on my list I want to go to now, and waaah

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else only just received the questionnaire? Well, a couple of days before Christmas. I have time to do it, I just. Argh. Little het up.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.