Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I managed two days at uni before getting ill watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was hoping to make 5, but there you go. Didn't get ill once during the summer, and even at school I barely ever got a cold.

FML. Sign if you are one of the many few to get freshers flu within the first couple of days.

ReputationRep:
    It's a warning. Give up drinking and find god

ReputationRep:
    Hello there ill buddy I'm just thankful I don't have class tomorrow, but i've still got to go in for a while. Also I've got a concert to go to this evening where the tickets cost £15 but I get in free. They were limited and I put my name on the list so my professor is gonna kill me for not going.

How is your timetable for the rest of the week op?

ps I hope you feel better soon

ReputationRep:
    Keep drinking, it will ride itself out good luck man

ReputationRep:
    Freshers flu strikes again...
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Sithius)
    I was hoping to make 5, but there you go. Didn't get ill once during the summer, and even at school I barely ever got a cold.

FML. Sign if you are one of the many few to get freshers flu within the first couple of days.
    This. EXACTLY this. I was only REALLY ill for one day, but now I've got a stupid runny nose and my voice has gone all husky/stupid :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I never got Freshers' Flu.

ReputationRep:
    I managed 1 hour at college before getting ill

ReputationRep:
    Gah freshers starts tonight for my uni

I'm extremely susceptible to illness so I'm very likely to get it

Foam party for 2nd and 3rd years tonight - coconut flavoured...

ReputationRep:
    wtf? fresher's flu:lolwut:

how does that come about?

ReputationRep:
    3 days, slightly better than you but my throat still hurts like hell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casshern1456)
    wtf? fresher's flu:lolwut:

how does that come about?
    Ahh my friend, wait and see.

It's the same as at school though, just on a grander scale. Imagine thousands of people coming from all corners of the country, bringing thousands of 'foreign' germs with them that they're immune to/have already had, but other people won't have been 'exposed' to the illness that's ravaging another person's locality so they'll go down like a snivelling sack of spuds.

The first few months in lecture halls, it is advisable to sit near the front merely so that you can hear what is being said over all the coughing, no lie.

ReputationRep:
    Ive been feeling ill since my 2nd day tho i feel better this morning...i've been sleeping alot, had a headache and a sore throat. Out come the paracetmol and my laptop (for a day flicking between TSR and FB) again!

ReputationRep:
    I got a quite minor case of it last year.
    Will see if it reoccurs next week or not...

ReputationRep:
    I had freshers flu for months last year

ReputationRep:
    the joy of freshers flu. i've not even started yet (second year) but i have been helping out with the freshers fayre. already i sound like a bloke (i'm deffinatly female).

ReputationRep:
    yep got it and i feel like ****. A few flatmates are also really noisy and keep inviting people round at night, so iv also been having about 5 hours max sleep a night...freshers is overrated

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to avoid it this year because, although I'm living in college, my neighbours are all in their 30s/40s and this place is so clean it's sterile. That said, all it takes is a snotty 18 yr old and one sneeze...

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, I'm starting to recover. I get freshers flu every year and at the start of every term...plus all the random bugs which go around during term time. I love uni :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJP)
    I got a quite minor case of it last year.
    Will see if it reoccurs next week or not...
    Eek, it is a week tomorrow that Freshers 'officially' starts isn't it?! Oh dear...

Anyhow. I've got a bit of a cold anyway, I think from where the weather has changed so quickly and I've not dressed appropriately for it. Idk.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.