Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    //////

ReputationRep:
    Ive heard english is a lot of work why not drop it and take something else instead could you do history or geography ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rsp)
    Ive heard english is a lot of work why not drop it and take something else instead could you do history or geography ....
    the work load in both those subjects is so much lol along with the sciences it would be too hard

ReputationRep:
    You don't need 4 As for Medicine. What's the point in continuing the subject if you think you're not going to do well in it - it might even have an impact on your other grades. Id drop it and concentrate on the other three

ReputationRep:
    Or you could reconsider the medicine thing. It is so competitive and those GCSE's (and the state of your spelling) won't exactly help you out.

Pretty sure this is a troll anyway?

ReputationRep:
    what the hell were did my post go?
    Anyways do history like me, my teacher told me its really easy to score high marks in the Jan exam since its mostly source analysis and he's expecting high grades from all of us. However it gets a lot tricky at A2 so ima drop it then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelementality)
    Hey chaps, i am doing four as levels (bio chem eng psy) and i am finding english really ******* hard i mean i suck at it which would be ok but i need 4 As for medicine . I am also re-taking gcse maths in order to get a B grade. as this will allow me to apply. my borther (a med student) advised me to drop english lit and just do 3 like he did but i dunno, i mean pretty much all normal applicants have four As instead of 3. What should i do i am really worried the maths will mess with the as work or that i will fail english . help thankz
    If you need to retake maths GCSE, how about dropping english and taking up maths AS, it's similar to GCSE and it will definitely help you with your GCSE.

Only disadvantage i can think of is that you won't be at the advantage of having a non-scientific A-level which UCL (and I think Manchester) prefer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simsface)
    Or you could reconsider the medicine thing. It is so competitive and those GCSE's (and the state of your spelling) won't exactly help you out.

Pretty sure this is a troll anyway?
    How is someone with 620 posts even considered a troll?
    Also, these posts are very irritating. 'If you don't get 10 A* at A Level and 100 A* at GCSE, don't even think about medicine.

I think not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altrozero)
    How is someone with 620 posts even considered a troll?
    Also, these posts are very irritating. 'If you don't get 10 A* at A Level and 100 A* at GCSE, don't even think about medicine.

I think not.
    I didn't research the OP's posting history I just inferred from the post she must be. Very sorry.

However I think someone who is being trusted to play with peoples lives should at least have above average intelligence.

Edit: In no way did I suggest the OP would need 100 A*'s at GCSE. One would be a start

ReputationRep:
    History is certainly not easy.

In order to get a good grade you would have to do a huge amount of additional reading and write endless essays.
    If you aren't interested or motivated enough don't choose it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simsface)
    I didn't research the OP's posting history I just inferred from the post she must be. Very sorry.

However I think someone who is being trusted to play with peoples lives should at least have above average intelligence.

Edit: In no way did I suggest the OP would need 100 A*'s at GCSE. One would be a start
    Woah!!! That is so snarky. And you call people a troll. You aren't a very productive poster and you aren't giving good advice. OP try your best. I want to do med. I'm doing 3 sciences and English at AS and I'm resitting Biology and Maths. Although you need a and b grades. You have a lotta C's. I think you should apply to medicine with foundation year as you have a better chance.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2010
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.