The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

bacon
Reply 2
I just had a bacon sandwich and a cup of tea - it solves everything.
Bacon sandwich with lots of ketchup, flat coke/pepsi and not moving your head for a few hours! Good luck!
Reply 4
drink ****loads of water before you go to bed prevents it. Next day: drink loads of water + English breakfast
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
Chilled Orange flavour lucozade sport.
Glass of diet coke then a glass of water - electrolyte balance restored :smile:
Reply 7
dude, the best thing you can do is to drink **** loads of water before you sleep...and also have something in your stomach.

like orange, straberry, bananna fruit... to give you those depleted vitamins that you are missing because of the drinking. when you wake up as well drink **** loads of water and have more fruit.

and for those who say have a full english... thats a bad idea if you are really hung over, its just gonna come right up with a load of alcohol.

and I dont even feel like eating when i have a hungover.
Reply 8
in my expirience, choose from: Ribena, greasy breakfast, more alcohol, shower, bath, sitting on your couch and resting it off while watching films, a hot toddy (which, for feelings of nausea, makes you throw everything up), a zoot, tea/coffee.

if its just a mild hangover, then having a run in a park seems to do the trick for me. obviously not appropriate if you have had a night of shots.
Reply 9
to notget one at all, drink one glass of water for each drink you have, then another one (with two paracetamol) just before bed. when you get up in the night to pee, take another 2 paracetamol.
then no hangover! :biggrin:
for a start if you're doing shots don't drink the cheap stuff if you can help it, have premium brands of vodka.

As said have a load of water before you go to sleep. When you wake up in the night to go to the toiler, have another glass after that. When you get up eat something, some people have a huge breakfast, I generally don't feel like it so just have a huge cup of tea and fruit...also some chocolate/biscuits with that tea.:biggrin:
Reply 11
drink more alcohol, or a full english breakfast and tea.
As others have said, water, water and lots more water.

Unfortunately if you've had a real skin full (as you probably will on at least a few occasions) then no amount of anything really helps. If you need to be functional the next day I would highly recommend a tactical chunder before you go to bed, and even when you first wake up.

Oh and I find Berocca (the fizzy orange stuff) really good, it has shed loads of vitamins in it too.
My boyfriend relies on a Whopper meal with extra cheese/extra bacon/extra mayo and a cheeseburger at Burger King. Every single time :p:
Reply 14
Lots Of Pickles :wink:
water and toast the night before usually helps avoid a hangover :smile:
A massive mug of tea, a big glass of orange juice and a bacon sandwich.
Reply 17
Avocado. Contains many vitamins and twice as much potassium as bananas. Drink water, coca-cola for the sugar. Cups of tea, toast.
Reply 18
Sober up a bit before sleeping. You sleep better and it kill my hangovers. I know some less...legal hangover killers. They work wonders.
Isn't alcohol the best (immediate) hangover cure?

Latest

Trending

Trending