Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm from Italy (Eu student) and I'm considering applying also to Limerick university in Ireland as insurance in case I don't receive any offer from UK universities.
    I would like to know anyone here that goes to this university? How is it?
    Also form the website I coudln't find how much are the tuition fees for Eu students.
    I would be interested in politics and International relations bachelor degree.

ReputationRep:
    It's the University of Limerick (UL) not Limerick University. Fees for EU students for the course you are interested in are 11,495 euro per year. There's a fees section on the International Students portion of the website that has more info.

The university has a good reputation and the campus is great - it has a very American feel to it in that it's like a little village in itself and pretty-self contained. Limerick city gets a bit of a bad wrap but students rarely have trouble. It's one of the nicer universities in Ireland, in my opinion anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Mhh I see, thanks.
    The course seemed interesting because it has 6 months of work placement and 6 months of external academic placement, but the fees are much higher than I expected (at least in comparison to the average of about 4000 € of Uk unis).

ReputationRep:
    There's a difference between International students in Ireland. International students from outside the EU pay International fees. Undergraduates coming from EU countries don't have to pay fees.EU undergraduate students only pay the registration fee (about €1800 this year though possibly going up again), the same as Irish students.

I don't really know much about the course you want to apply for.

ReputationRep:
    How would it be that much? Your fees will be around €1500, you live in the EU. UL is about 5th or 6th of the 7 unis. It's very self contained and Limerick is a nice city (or big town). There are parts of it that are bad, but you personally wouldn't be in any danger in Moyross.

ReputationRep:
    Oh so the fees for Eu students are only 1500 € ?

When I said high fees I was referring to € 11000 euro. Because if it's only 1500 than it's good and quite low. I will write anyway to the university just to be sure.

ReputationRep:
    Irish and all EU students pay a registration fee of around €1500 for every uni here. It's a registration fee. Tuition fees do not exist exceot for international students. Definitely that is the case.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.