Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

need advice about this relationship (cousin) watch

Hi, Firstly I want to tell you I will never act on these emotions and never ruin my family, I just need advice, thats all. So thats out of the way.

In 2006, I met my cousin who is married and she has 3 kids. She was 31, I was 19. Me and my family were staying at her house for 3 weeks. I got on with her so well, we talked alot and had a good laugh. She used to do stupid things like touch my cheek all the time and touch my knee sometimes. She always gets on with me the most and not that much with my sister. On the last day at airport she caressed my hand with both of her hands and looked into my eyes smiling.

Ever since I can't forget all this. I think about her all the time. I will never act on my emotions. So please don't give me a lecture.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    you missed your chance.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds affectionate, not sexual. She's just being caring, don't think anything of it.

ReputationRep:
    Realise you've got a crush. Your mind has probably exaggerated what kind of person she is and she might not actually be that great. You're young and this has impacted you way more that if you were, say, ten years older. It can also never happen for many reasons; she is your cousin; she has children; you can't afford to support a family; the husband would act on it.

There are so many reasons against it. Just remember it's a crush and find someone else to pay attention to. She may contact you so be prepared to ignore any of her actions.

ReputationRep:
    You'll get over it, she was just being nice.

ReputationRep:
    but that was 4 years ago...why have you not got over it?

ReputationRep:
    It does sound more affectionate, maybe she thinks you are a good looking boy compared to what she may have thought or just happy to see you.

ReputationRep:
    If you will never act on your emmotions, what advice is needed?

ReputationRep:
    Luls at the incest thread.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.