Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Wasn't sure where else to put this so don't shoot me if it's the wrong section.....

I just checked my online banking and it seems some money (£219 to be precise) was paid into my account a coupe of days ago :s: I wasn't expecting any money to get paid in.... also it says it came from PAYPAL *TIMELIMITE, (random 11 digit number) , REFUND

I wasn't expecting any refund from paypal.... Is this a scam? I'll go to my bank tomorrow but just want some idea of what this is and what do I actually ask the bank, will they actually know where it really came from and why?

Incidently I logged into my paypal and it appears that my account has limited access due to a recent third party attempt to get my details which they supposedly stopped (would have been nice to know!) :eek: and I can't close the account or remove my debit card, thanks a lot paypal :mad:

So, yeah should I be worried even though the money went in rather than out? :eek3:

Edit: I have used paypal for ebay in the past but never for such a big amount of money!

You should phone your bank now rather than waiting until tomorrow, just to check everything is OK.

If you leave it until tomorrow and money gets taken out of your account fraudulently the bank may not cover it as you didn't notify them as soon as you noticed something suspicious.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.