Turn on thread page Beta

I don't consider myself to be a beautiful girl. I'm a bit overweight, have a huge bum and so on, plus I'm really awkward in social situations and constantly say strange stuff. When my housemate persuaded me to go to one of the nights out for freshers I was a bit reluctant but went anyway.

While I was there, a guy came up to me and asked me to dance, he got me a drink as well and asked for my number, but he's what most girls dream of, he's on two sports teams, has muscles and tattoos and so on. I gave him my number, stating that maybe we could be friends and stuff and he said that was fine. Later in the evening he took me outside and said he wanted to get to know me better and kissed me, as you'd expect, I didn't exactly know what to do so it didn't go well, but we left it there and I went home. All the way home my housemate was teasing me and saying he liked me, but I honestly thought it was a dare or that his friends put him up to it.

Now he texts me almost every day asking if we can meet up because he really likes me, but I'd rather not. I still have a feeling he's just kidding around with me and that he isn't interested, plus he isn't really my type of guy. I know beggars can't be choosers and so on, but if I don't like him then surely it's not fair to lead him on if there is a chance he might actually like me?

I don't want to carry on and end up looking a fool because it was all a joke, but I don't want to hurt his feelings if he was being serious, so any advice would be great.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.