Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    60+

ReputationRep:
    75+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gandalf_is_a_girl)
    It's emergent middle-agedness. On the extremely young side of the middle-age waiting room but still, a foot in the door.

(My parents were young - 24 and 26, respectively - when they had me so perhaps my mindset is somewhat screwed. Also, I base this on when the body's functionality starts to decline as opposed to social norms of age. No amount of Botox and Restylane can make me change my boundaries, Courtney Cox.)
    Well, my mum had me young too (at 23), but I've never really thought of her as middle aged until recently (she's 42 now). And then there's people like Shakira and Nicole Scherzinger who are in their early thirties, yet I would never think of them as middle aged. But then again, I suppose it kinda depends on the person, since some people age earlier than others.

ReputationRep:
    Young: 0-40
    Middle-aged: 40-69
    Old: 70+

My bloke's 28 and he is not OLD! He's so full of life, if you met him and got to know him then you would definitely not say he was old or even middle-aged!

ReputationRep:
    Always said 70+. My friend is 44 and is always complaining about what an old woman she is and I think she's nuts. My mum retired at the start of the year and I don't think she's old at all but then she's never acted her age completely.

ReputationRep:
    65+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Well, my mum had me young too (at 23), but I've never really thought of her as middle aged until recently (she's 42 now). And then there's people like Shakira and Nicole Scherzinger who are in their early thirties, yet I would never think of them as middle aged. But then again, I suppose it kinda depends on the person, since some people age earlier than others.
    It never occurred to me that Shakira is 30. That's strange to contemplate. But alright, I'll re-structure my list on that bombshell; anything over 40 is now middle-aged.

It seems age boundaries have changed a lot since when I was born (1992:p:) ever since the advent of Sex and the City, cosmetic treatments, sun damage awareness and yummy mummies.

I blame Madonna, really. Blegh.

ReputationRep:
    Dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemical_bex)
    Well 50 isn't young. But yeah I change my mind to 60 + anyways after some thought...

It's just I work in a care home and the residents start coming in at 50, so that's just how I see them really.
    :eek:

Srs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH)
    :eek:

Srs?
    Srs.
    Obvs they aren't in the best of health, but still.

ReputationRep:
    Depends how healthy they are. My grandparents on my mother side seemed older at 65 than my grandparents on my dads side did at 70, and I've seen people in their sixties who don't seem that old at all. So I'd say it depends.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say you're starting to get old over 65.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.