Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm... i dont mind getting married when I find the right guy.
    i would hate for it to happen then find out a couple of years later that I made a mistake
    Hopefully before 24/25 x

ReputationRep:
    yeah it is, and i couldnt put an age on it
    just when it seems right for me

ReputationRep:
    The idea doesn't appeal to me at all - never has. I do want to find a life partner, but I want to feel free to get up and leave whenever I want to. I don't think I'd share a bank account either for the same reason.

ReputationRep:
    I sincerely can't get why is it many of us are still addressed to think such an an antiquated and inadequate institution can do any good to them.

The only reason for which I would get married is money. Love should be conveyed in other, truer ways.

ReputationRep:
    Jeesh, this thread has just thoroughly depressed me... I'm 25 in 6 weeks and a country mile from being married. My longest relationship [4 years ago] only lasted 6 months.

Have nothing against marriage, but finding a gf is tough enough, let alone a wife...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I would. Any age from twenty five onwards, but tbh I could well turn twenty five and still feel way too young. No harm in leaving it a while.

ReputationRep:
    I love to get married at an early age but I can't (worldwide problem).

Thing is -age does not matter, what matter is when you are financially stabled and able to take responsibilities for being married then do not hesitate and go for it.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe. Whatever happens, happens.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really want to get married. My boyfriend does though, so if we end up together I'll marry him I suppose- but I don't want to be much younger than 30. If I have kids I'll probably marry for their sake/for legal reasons.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Before 30 but after 25? Idk. Whatever age it happens.

ReputationRep:
    Yes at 27

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Not before we're settled financially. Late twenties/early thirties ideally.

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Im still young (16) however i've always liked the idea of having something small, not like a massive extravagant sort of wedding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    I got married at 21
    I wanna get married around this age

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and whenever it feels right really =o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Jeesh, this thread has just thoroughly depressed me... I'm 25 in 6 weeks and a country mile from being married. My longest relationship [4 years ago] only lasted 6 months.

Have nothing against marriage, but finding a gf is tough enough, let alone a wife...
    Didn't mean to depress anyone

ReputationRep:
    Obviously ... how else am I gonna get tax breaks?

ReputationRep:
    My minimum is 25, but I'd have to meet the guy right now for that to happen. So probably a few (or many) years older.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, when I'm older and I meet a girl I won't get bored of.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Whilst I'm not into the whole big white wedding thing, I am a traditional girl at heart and would like to get married and in a church :yes: Mid-20s or at least definitely before I hit 30

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.