The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
207 Lia
Didn't mean to depress anyone :frown:

Its the answers, not your thread!
Yes, hopefully. I won't out an age on it, just any time from now and whenever I'm ready. Erm, first I've got to find a husband-to-be...
Reply 42
Drewski
Its the answers, not your thread!

yeeee but stilllll....lol
im sorry
Reply 43
I'd definitely want to get married. I didn't have a traditional nuclear family (so few people do nowadays!) and I really want one. Preferably I'd get married around 23-26 so I could start having children before I'm 30.
Reply 44
Definitely. 22.
Reply 45
207 Lia
yeeee but stilllll....lol
im sorry

It's my own fault: being here and too old.
Yes, hopefully. Not for a few years yet though.
I don't have some specific age I'm planning to get married as it depends entirely on circumstances. I might be 25... I might be 50. We'll see I guess.
Yes
25/26 i think.
(edited 13 years ago)
Yes, when i'm like 27/32 :smile:
Teenagers always seem to think they're going to get married in their early/mid 20s (I've noticed this on TSR a lot), but in reality it's much more likely to be late 20s/early 30s...

I was the same. When I was 18 or so, I thought I'd get married around 22-25 and have my first child around 25. Now, I'm 22 and I don't know a single person near my age who's married or has children...
Reply 50
yes, get engaged at 21-25, married at 25-27.

And hopefully co-habit at 27+, financially willing

Children, definitely after 33+
(edited 13 years ago)
sid-sy
I love to get married at an early age but I can't (worldwide problem).

Thing is -age does not matter, what matter is when you are financially stabled and able to take responsibilities for being married then do not hesitate and go for it.

worldwide problem?

interesting what is it?
Reply 52
MaDeenThenMaLife
worldwide problem?

interesting what is it?

I didn’t mean the whole world, I just meant the Arab world. I mean early marriage has declined sharply because the living conditions are very hard and that impedes people there to get married earlier. And that’s why they postpone marriage until their living conditions get better.
If the right person came along I would seriously consider it.
I am a romantic at heart.
sid-sy
I didn’t mean the whole world, I just meant the Arab world. I mean early marriage has declined sharply because the living conditions are very hard and that impedes people there to get married earlier. And that’s why they postpone marriage until their living conditions get better.

problem = girls asking for too much

thats it.
I got married at 25. My husband was almost 28 at the time. I got married because I love him, he's my best mate and I dunno, I've never imagined my life not being married. I've grown up with successful marriages and never experienced divorce so I guess I have a optimistic view of marriage and the 'norm'. Wanna have kids when we're ready to have kids.
Reply 56
I got married a few weeks before my 25th b'day. No plans for any kids though, well not for another 10 years anyway!!

My mum married my dad when she was 18 and they are still married 30 years later :smile:
I'd like to one day, although i'd like to have a good career first!
Reply 58
MaDeenThenMaLife
problem = girls asking for too much

thats it.

We can also add this problem as well because the price of the dowry is set higher by many families and that causes “spinsterhood” so, the bride or the daughter will become a burden because her family asked a lot. Not to mention the desperate youth who lost their hope in getting married.
sid-sy
We can also add this problem as well because the price of the dowry is set higher by many families and that causes “spinsterhood” so, the bride or the daughter will become a burden because her family asked a lot. Not to mention the desperate youth who lost their hope in getting married.

yep... Agree
it's sad though...

Latest

Trending

Trending