Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Fire alarm goes off: What do you take? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Lappy. And/or ipod touch.

ReputationRep:
    Considering the fire alarm has gone off no less than 10 times in the last 3 days...I can tell you exactly what I grab. My keys. I grab my keys, and I go for a long walk. The Italians here just stay in their rooms or in the kitchen...

ReputationRep:
    phone will be in my pocket.
    Laptop and hair straighteners (cannot live without these!)

My phone, and whatever else seems important at the time

ReputationRep:
    Hamsters, obviously.
    I could cry at the thought of all my books going down in flames, but I can't take all of them. Obviously the classics and contemporary fiction would be easy to replace, but not so sure about my extensive collection of BSC books!
    God I've just thought of all my music. Don't care about the CDs, but all my vinyl and cassettes. There's an easy few hundred £'s worth there but I'm not bothered about that, just...imagining it all gone...:O
    But if I could only save one thing, definately the hamsters. Poor little things who'll die in a couple of years anyway...is it worth it?! Yes.

When I was little I used to lay in bed petrified there'd be a fire. And then I didn't have anything worth saving.

ReputationRep:
    myself, girlfriend and definitely my laptop.

ReputationRep:
    I would stuff my laptop, phone, ipod, clothes, makeup, hair straighteners and cat into a suitcase and take the suitcase

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheer_up_love)
    :rofl: What a brilliant mental image...
    I confess, I lolled as I thought of it.

ReputationRep:
    I take my **** in my hand and I pump like I've never pumped before.

ReputationRep:
    Laptop. But if I had the choice, I'd take my iPod too.

ReputationRep:
    My cat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm_Unsafe.)
    At home?

Probably grab any cat* I found along the way out.

At uni? My laptop would be the obvious option, but if I could pick up my stereo despite all the wires/plugs I would <3

*by any cat, I mean any cat of mine, obviously. I don't have a penchant for picking up random cats, neither do we have a queue of them parading through our house.
    I'm sorry I'm in a funny mood and this made me Lol ^^
    I know I've got practically no power but +1 anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm_Unsafe.)
    At home?

Probably grab any cat* I found along the way out.

At uni? My laptop would be the obvious option, but if I could pick up my stereo despite all the wires/plugs I would <3

*by any cat, I mean any cat of mine, obviously. I don't have a penchant for picking up random cats, neither do we have a queue of them parading through our house.
    :rofl:

What about if you were in someone else's house and the fire alarm went off, would you grab their cats on the way out?

ReputationRep:
    Well the fire alarm in my block goes off at least twice a day, and the things I always grab are my keys and mobile phone. But if I knew it was a real alarm, I would probs grab my laptop too

ReputationRep:
    I would try to save pets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foulish)
    We're not meant to, but we all do it. The fire alarm goes off and your instructed to leave your belongings.

So, my question: Your in your room and your fire alarm goes off, and you know it is a real fire. What one item do you take?

I would take my phone

Lol, I'm such a cool guy, that actually have a box next to my bedroom door, in which I keep things that are sentimentally valuable to me
    (for this exact scenario).

So assuming no people or pets needed carrying out, then I'd take that box, and if possible my laptop too.

ReputationRep:
    My 100 year old book,which is sitting next to my (mini) safe of important things. Grab that and I'm off. My bunny's hutch isn't next to/in the house,so he'd be okay.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm. My giant african land snails. My cats are smart enough to run away on their own, ditto my family, so it would probably be the snails. It wouldn't be fair to let them burn, they're only a few months old, and they're so small. I had a dream once that my house was on fire, and in that dream I had a box of baby hedgehogs under my bed for some strange reason (no idea how they got there :L), so there was a 10 year old dream me crawling out of the window with a box of hedgehogs. Not sure why that matters, just though it was slightly funny. My phone, ipod, keys and money never leave my pocket, so I'd already have all those, and I really need to save all my computer stuff onto a disk or memory stick or something so I can have that in my pocket too. I've got loads of stories on my computer that I don't want to lose. I'm clearly quite shallow. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightburns)
    My lizard.

A life > xbox or money or phone.
    better save all the flies and spiders living in your room as well then

ReputationRep:
    I'd take a fire extinguisher...solved

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.