Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i'm sooo dead meat!!...i've got 10k to write in under 3 weeks...although i've done 5k roughly (that will need to be edited etc) ...i'm confused, i'm confusing myself everything is just confusing lol and i've got this to do as well as revise...i feel to just run away from everyone....got to go see my supervisor on monday ....i'm so stressed out its actually unbelievable.....

For those who have finished (or completed the section), how many words was your methodology? Percentage wise.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure percentage wise (it was that small) but my methodology was 175 words.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Proposal is mad.....

I'm PG so I've got all summer to do mine, but I'm totally lost on my proposal. There are so many directions I could go in and I have to take into account that I have to have both original and empirical research and all I really want to do is a critique on SOX and perhaps the effects it might have if it was implemented in England. But noooooooo there has to be numbers and stats, both of which I SUCK at.

ReputationRep:
    Mine's due Thursday 21st. And I'm going to have a bloody good drink once it's finished.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jus-mi)
    i'm sooo dead meat!!...i've got 10k to write in under 3 weeks...although i've done 5k roughly (that will need to be edited etc) ...i'm confused, i'm confusing myself everything is just confusing lol and i've got this to do as well as revise...i feel to just run away from everyone....got to go see my supervisor on monday ....i'm so stressed out its actually unbelievable.....
    mine's 10k in for around 3 weeks too. done 1000 words and every time i think about it i want to cry and get a hot sicky feeling. this really is stress like something else. i totally feel your pain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miranda13)
    mine's 10k in for around 3 weeks too. done 1000 words and every time i think about it i want to cry and get a hot sicky feeling. this really is stress like something else. i totally feel your pain
    I was like that when I started but it should get easier as you go along.

ReputationRep:
    Started mine about 4 days ago, done half of it now, doing the creative project, wish i had done 10k dissy as ive done 15k in total and ive got to cut it down to 5k + workbook + 12 a2 photography images +300 contact sheets + lit review + billiography + appendix. sigh.

Due in on the 4th, everyones got pushed back due to the royal wedding except our course which means as its a double bank hol weekend i have 4 working days to get everything printed, mounted, bound etc.

I think im ****ed.

ReputationRep:
    i was hoping to be at least at 5000 by now and am at 3000. oh dear

ReputationRep:
    Finally finished mine last Thursday, spent £10 printing it and getting it bound, then handed everything in an hour before the deadline.

Good luck to everyone working on theirs, keep that feeling of euphoria in your mind, the feeling of actually finishing your dissertation, and you'll get through it. Believe in yourself! :top:

ReputationRep:
    I've handed in my first draft of my project to my supervisor now (project is a lot shorter than a dissertation, but it still seemed to take forever with all the data collection, data analysis etc! >.<)

I think it will need a lot of editing, but I'm so close to the end now, hand-in date for projects is 9th May! Although I still need to find out how to convert the raw SPSS data so I can copy it into Word, and once it's edited need to get it bound etc.

Ahhhh, so close!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L3mon)
    Might depend on the course, but I think it doesn't matter if someone has done it before, but totally original work, yes?

When I did my dissertation [Civil Engineering], we were given a big list of projects (1 paragraph briefs on each). From this, we basically chose which one we wanted to do.

My dissertation involved Flood Hydrology, and during the year, I found out that the CEH had already released an official governmental report of basically my dissertation. Talked to my supervisor, and had to work around it more or less. Got a high 2:1 for my project after many hiccups [stupid government and their data protection act]. Loved the fact that my conclusion basically said more research and data was required :woo:. I bet some poor sucker this year will have to carry my dissertation topic on

Good Luck.
    is dissertation only in postgraduate? i'm a final year undergrad and we just have a FYP/what is the difference?

ReputationRep:
    Nearly done now Just trying to get both quantative and qualative data instead of one or the other

ReputationRep:
    I am currently doing my Research proposal for my Dissertation - Can I just ask if you are doing questionnaires, is there are a minimum number of people that you should ask? Also for face to face interviews -How many should I do? Any help would be appreciated .

ReputationRep:
    I've done about 5,700, but that needs editing [out of 10,000]. In for 9th May. I'm really not happy with what I've done so far, and I'm feeling really lost with it. Argh.

ReputationRep:
    Subscribing! Mine's due in in September. It's not exactly a dissertation because it's only 6000 words, but it counts for 25% of my degree so I've got to take it seriously! Only just finalised my topic... :/

ReputationRep:
    Bout to finish mine,but my supervisor says i need a few more results so anyone willing to fill out a quick questionnaire on culture values???ud be doing me a huuuuuggggeeee favour!!!Thanks
    http://www.kwiksurveys.com/online-su...CILFK_5e77cb16

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredscarecrow)
    I've done about 5,700, but that needs editing [out of 10,000]. In for 9th May. I'm really not happy with what I've done so far, and I'm feeling really lost with it. Argh.
    i've done 1000 words less than you but have till may 16th so pretty much in the same boat. feel like i'm never going to finish it. really worring now. what's yours on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miranda13)
    i've done 1000 words less than you but have till may 16th so pretty much in the same boat. feel like i'm never going to finish it. really worring now. what's yours on?
    I should probably be more stressed then I am. I know I can write 2000 good words in a day if I put my mind to it, but I keep procrastinating and I know it needs a lot of editing.

Mines on "Victorian Factory Architecture: Form and function" - looking at the various influences behind factory design, what those designs tells us about Victorian culture and society, whether there is a distinct 'architecture' and how factory design and architecture resulted in form a social engineering.
    Lol.

Yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tucking Fypo)
    For those who have finished (or completed the section), how many words was your methodology? Percentage wise.
    depends upon your results- was it experimental or literature based.

Mine was 750 words x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.