Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Left beer in freezer... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok so last night I left a bottle of fine ale in the freezer, I forgot it was there and went to bed. This morning whilst I was lying in bed I remembered that I didnt actually take it out, so I went to the freezer and saw it was there, frozen. The only thing is, it was like frothing out of the cap.

What im asking is, how do I get it back to its original state? Ive done it before with a bottle of Tuborg and then when it defrosted it tasted like beer flavoured water, im assuming the same will happen with this?

ReputationRep:
    just bin it, man. how can u be so stingy? get another one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katyness)
    just bin it, man. how can u be so stingy? get another one
    I cant get another one, thats the point. It was from a small local brewery and I got it when I travelled there. I cant get another here at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THRASHx)
    I cant get another one, thats the point. It was from a small local brewery and I got it when I travelled there. I cant get another here at home.

Out of interest what Ale was it?

And I think you may have killed it, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Ok so last night I left a bottle of fine ale in the freezer, I forgot it was there and went to bed. This morning whilst I was lying in bed I remembered that I didnt actually take it out, so I went to the freezer and saw it was there, frozen. The only thing is, it was like frothing out of the cap.

What im asking is, how do I get it back to its original state? Ive done it before with a bottle of Tuborg and then when it defrosted it tasted like beer flavoured water, im assuming the same will happen with this?
    Just put it in the fridge for a few hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iainthegreat)
    Out of interest what Ale was it?

And I think you may have killed it, sorry.
    It was by Bath Ales, I was there yesterday but I live about 100 miles away. Ive only ever seen Barnstormer by them in shops by me, but this one was Gem, proper looking forward to it too.

ReputationRep:
    I've sometimes done that with bottles of coke. The fridge just never seems to make it cold enough.

ReputationRep:
    It was by Bath Ales, I was there yesterday but I live about 100 miles away. Ive only ever seen Barnstormer by them in shops by me, but this one was Gem, proper looking forward to it too.

Ah gutted. I do like a good ale. Otter Amber is my favourite, can't find it anywhere though.

ReputationRep:
    **** it mate, have some lagersicles, or shake it around to slushies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dd4483)
    I've sometimes done that with bottles of coke. The fridge just never seems to make it cold enough.
    Change the temperature of your fridge.

ReputationRep:
    I feel your pain, I really do :cry:

ReputationRep:
    **** it, just go to the local and drown your sorrows!!

ReputationRep:
    I defrosted it and put it back in the fridge. Tasted fine apart from the rim tasting slightly metallic, this went after a quick wipe with kitchen towel.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.