Turn on thread page Beta

How do I salvage this situation? watch

I met a girl on freshers week that is doing the same course as me, and really nice etc etc.

Things were going great, but last night I went over to her place where she was there with a friend. Started off fine, but I then got a message from my mate saying that a dear family friend had been killed that day.

I broke down at this point, I left the room and made a few calls and was in tears. I think the alcohol I had consumed before hand worsened my emotions, but I must have looked like such an idiot.

I put on my shoes to leave and she insisted that she and her friend walk me back to my flat (just across the road) which was fine.

I apologised to them both and went to bed. However this morning she seems very distant and I think I have really screwed things up! Can I salvage this situation, or would it be best to cut my losses and get out?

ReputationRep:
    So stupid. This girl cant handle a guy crying because they found out a person they loved had just died?

ReputationRep:
    The dead guy is gone.You ****** it up with someone who's still alive.
    What a loser.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing to salvage tbh. If she cant handle something like that, then there is no point trying something with her. Although i could be wrong and she just wants to give you time alone.

Girls are complicated lol

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to do anything, if she can't handle a real-life situation like that, then she's not worthy of your time. Maybe she's just giving you some space, as she knows you're upset.

ReputationRep:
    If she can't understand something like that, there really is no point in bothering with her.

ReputationRep:
    it might just be that she is feeling awkward as to how to act with you, and thinks that giving you some space is the right thing to do. don't jump to conclusions, instead spend time grieving and then try to see her again

ReputationRep:
    Is she can't handle how you are there's no point in salvaging anything with her.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.