Turn on thread page Beta

My best friend of 17 years forgot it was my birthday! watch

ReputationRep:
    OP I never remember my friends' birthdays with the exception of one or two. Facebook does all the remembering for me really. You only assume it was because of her boyfriend but really she could have had a tough day or got caught up in her own issues. We're only human. Just casually ask her how she was/what she was up to yesterday if you are so desperate to know her excuse.

ReputationRep:
    Have you two actually spoken recently? Have you made an effort with her at all? (just asking)
    Have you asked to meet up/call and then she has refused because she's with her bf ? Then it's understandable. But if no ones actually asked her to do somehting other than sped time with her bf....then you can't really say that she concentrates her time on just one person

ReputationRep:
    This year I forgot my own birthday...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insignificant)
    How? You clearly are jealous of the amount of attention she pays to him and not you.

No I'm not. I am stunned that she is doing this, as it is completely out of character for her a. in general and b. to forget my birthday

Well that's understandable, if you invite someone to your birthday party, you'd expect them to say happy birthday to you at least as a thankyou.

So far it seems to me that you feel like she owes you something, and that she shouldn't be spending so much time on her boyfriend and more time on you. I can't think of a more selfish friend, who are you to decide how and on who she spends her time? You sound like a control freak tbh.

Control freak? What kind of person alienates everyone and concentrates all of their time on one guy? I understand, it may be difficult at first to find a balance between your relationship and your friendships, but you don't just shove everyone else out of the way for one guy.

Ok. Stop caring so much about petty things?
    What do you mean you are completely stunned at what she's doing? What is she doing exactly? All she's done is not let you know that she knows that it's your birthday, you're the one making such a huge deal out of it.

And you still sound jealous that she's spending more time with her boyfriend than you. How is she doing this to 'everyone'? You are not everyone, you think you are the most important person in the world, but you are not.

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't bother you enough to write on TSR about it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 26, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.