Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My one biggest issue - I can't sing! Will this hold me back as a teacher??

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt it, I've never come across a teacher who can sing like Leona Lewis. :p: I've done lots of experience in a primary school, and one teacher said to me that the fact that you're willing to give singing a go (regardless of your ability) is far more important.

ReputationRep:
    It depends how tone deaf.. tbh you only really need to be able to "sing" if you're in the younger classes. The older ones will sing but only really in assembely/choir, and the head or a specific music teacher would run those, not you.

ReputationRep:
    I can't sing for toffee - who cares? The kids certainly don't and I'm more than willing to do worse things in front of other staff than sing!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.