Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have cyber purple hair by Live XXL, which i have been dying for about a year, and want to go Blonde but this isnt possible unless i grow it out and then it'll look a complete mess. Therefore i thought a nice Rusty Brown and then i can put a semi perm on til its all fully grown out and go the blonde i want then.

Wondered if anyone has any experience with this and Would i be able to put the brown dye over the top of the purple or would it be best to just strip/bleach my hair and start from scratch? My hair is in great condition.

ReputationRep:
    Yea I've gone from purple to blonde before, definitely get a flat brown colour to go over the purple with first, it may take a couple of times bleaching and then a blonde colour on top, for the blonde i recommend nice n easy light ash blonde which I use, it lightens and gives a nice colour at the same time If you don't want to bleach twice, do it once and then use nice n easy summer blonde SB1 as it will work the same way. You probably already know this but if you get any brassiness use a purple toner (the SB1 has this in already).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnotherLass)
    Yea I've gone from purple to blonde before, definitely get a flat brown colour to go over the purple with first, it may take a couple of times bleaching and then a blonde colour on top, for the blonde i recommend nice n easy light ash blonde which I use, it lightens and gives a nice colour at the same time If you don't want to bleach twice, do it once and then use nice n easy summer blonde SB1 as it will work the same way. You probably already know this but if you get any brassiness use a purple toner (the SB1 has this in already).
    What shade of Brown would work the best? I was looking at a Golden Light Brown, Would that be ok? Then i was thinking about getting blonde highlights before going the full blonde next easter. I want blonde surf hair next summer. I understand that purple is a tricky colour so given myself enough time to allow my hair to recover inbetween.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissyP)
    What shade of Brown would work the best? I was looking at a Golden Light Brown, Would that be ok? Then i was thinking about getting blonde highlights before going the full blonde next easter. I want blonde surf hair next summer. I understand that purple is a tricky colour so given myself enough time to allow my hair to recover inbetween.
    Personally I used an ash brown but if you're getting highlights first it should be ok to use a golden one, just don't use a golden one and then bleach it all over after because the shade of orange you'll get will be terrible lol, been there done that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissyP)
    I did this... I got full highlights professionally, then highlighted it myself about two weeks after and again two weeks after that, use the john frieda shampoo that helps take out the brassiness. Then I stuck the lightest blonde nice and easy do on it (make sure it is permenant), at this point its a muddy blonde colour. Add highlights again (by the bleach and cap kits) and then finally about 3months after first adding highlights I did Swazkopft (sp...?) XXL blonde and dadahh

If I wouldn't bother dying the purple over with brown, it will just make your hair higher to lift.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.