Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So i am in year 13, studying Psychology, Government & Politics and English Lit.
    Really enjoy Psych. and Politics but cannot stand English.

I will be going to uni next september and i have absolutely NO IDEA what i want to study.

Because i enjoy politics and psychology i was thinking a law or criminology degree, but tbh i see criminology a dead end degree with not many worthwhile prospects.

If anyone could help or knows any sort of questionnaire that helps you choose a course would be greatly appreciated.
    I've done the one on the ucas website and it only points me towards a law degree but the questions on it are dire so i dont think its the most reliable questoinnaire going.

So yeah any help would be great ;D

ReputationRep:
    My advice would be don't bother going to uni at all. I know its like, the normal thing to do now, thanks to a certain Mr Blair, but don't even get me started on that, but until you know what you enjoy enough to dedicate at least the next three years of you life to, save your time and money and let someone who desperately wants a place on whichever course have it.

ReputationRep:
    If you have no idea what you want to study and need people on the internet to suggest courses, I would recommend that you don't go to uni next September, unless you do realise what you want to do.

Really wish someone had told me that.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.