Turn on thread page Beta

Shy guys ignoring you. watch

Announcements

Guys, have you ever liked a girl and then just ignored her because of it?

I have been friends with this guy for about half a year - we got on well because of same interests and stuff. He is very shy and hadn't ever had a relationship or anything, but always seemed to enjoy talking about the concept of "love" with me (I've had a couple of sturdy relationships).

Well, we spent a few days together constantly in each others' company. There were moments where I felt I could take my chance (i.e. kiss him), but then I held back. And since then, I've just heard almost nothing from him. I feel so frustrated, what shall I do? Is he ignoring me because after being with me 24/7 he decided I'm highly annoying? Or because he likes me so much he doesn't know what to say?

You hit the nail on the head at the last sentence.
    It seams the guy is alot like my housemate. He ended up getting with a girl but was too shy to go all the way.
    At the end of the day keep talking to him, make him at ease and just try a long term relationship rather than a small term one, that is ofcourse if you are looking for such a thing.
    I bet he is scared stiff (lol gigity)

Too answer your first question, yes...sadly i am one of them guys. Erm so any advice i give may be ****...but i would say is take it easy..

ReputationRep:
    Less "Liked and ignored", more "Liked and not made a move". I guess from years of rejections, I just don't have the view that any girl would be 'pleased' if I tried to go any further than knowing them. This is why I hate the fact that it always falls to the guy to make the first move, never the girl; my life would be so much easier (if I were easier...see sig) if it were down to girls to make the move.

And frankly, I'd ignore Anon#3. You're really not going to scare the guy away if you make a move. You've probably just made him think "****, I missed my chance..." or "I bet she's with someone" -- Heck, just text him (assuming you have his number??) and ask him to go out somewhere. Just casual like...

ReputationRep:
    They never ignore me, whenever I get bigger after taking a mushroom they try and attack me and kill me. Its like they hate Italian plumbers

ReputationRep:
    I've known a guy for about a year and he does the same. He started to ignore me and doesn't look at me anymore when I try to say hi. Can't really give you advice but I hope he comes around and strts talking to you.

ReputationRep:
    I have this exact same problem. He texted me straight for 4 days recently saying all sorts till 4am generally, and he even put me on the spot, saying that I couldn't even tell him that I liked him. In reply I said I did but didn't want to get hurt and he made a joke of it, so it wasn't awkward-serious between us. We carried on texting for another day or so till 4am after that as usual, with him even saying he loved me, etc... and then suddenly I hear nothing off him :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.