Turn on thread page Beta

Jewish boat leaves Cyprus for Gaza in an attempt to break illegal blockade watch

ReputationRep:
    The blockade should stand, until Hamas disband and concede defeat. That ship has no right to just sail through the blockade, if they try to, Israel should be able to treat it like an attack on their land.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollywoodbudgie)
    :facepalm: Why can't these reporters simply say, 'North Cyprus?'
    Can I be :boing:?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLeader)
    I have respect for anyone who stands up to the illegal actions of Israel :pal:
    :love: :pal:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schweep)
    Disproportionate effect on civilians over military as concluded by independent investigation => Illegal

Which independent investigation would that be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axes)
    Which independent investigation would that be?
    UN commission for the protection of human rights.

ReputationRep:
    May Allah(swt) guide them and help whoevr is with justice

:pal:
    :pal1:
    :pal2:
    :pal3:
    :pal4:

ReputationRep:
    OOOH ohh axes is here there is going to be anti israelli posters jaws left all across the thread

ReputationRep:
    FREEDOM FOR PALESTINE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Left Hand Drive)
    Can I be :boing:?
    Sure :p:

ReputationRep:
    've just started reading up on zionism and the early conflicts between palestine and the zionists and i have to say i'm so astounded at how...wrong they were. Just...wrong. Literally no other words come to mind.

Anyway, good for them, I'm glad they brought along the holocaust survivor, a nice kick in the ass for the zionists who pulled the "we deserve palestine becuase of the holocaust" card. Hopefully there will be peace/some sort of reconciliation eventually, this has managed to completely ruin people's lives from both sides of the war.

If this isn't directly relevant, I'm sorry - I haven't got that far along my "getting out from under my rock" phase

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaDeenThenMaLife)
    FREEDOM FOR PALESTINE

This

DEATH TO HAMAS

ReputationRep:
    VOTE FOR PALESTINE

http://www.israel-vs-palestine*.com/PS/EN

ReputationRep:
    FREEDOM FOR PALESTINE

This

DEATH TO HAMAS

ReputationRep:
    This

DEATH TO HAMAS
    woah!
    I DO *NOT* support hamas

they kill the mujahideen!

ReputationRep:
    woah!
    I DO *NOT* support hamas

they kill the mujahideen!

Good get rid of hamas and the settlement builders and we will have come along way

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry guys these lying Jews whose relatives have been killed by Palestinians and devious old holcoaust survivors are ludicrously anti-semitic. They're only doing this because they wanna destroy the noble state of Israel.

ReputationRep:
    How comes this isnt in yahoo or bbc news yet? hmm

EDIT: ok its on yahoo now, still waiting for bbc..

ReputationRep:
    Good get rid of hamas and the settlement builders and we will have come along way
    if the choice was between Hamas and Jews(fateh) I would support Hamas
    however if it was between Hamas and people who follow what Allah(Swt) commanded us then Id support the others

in other words I'm not 100% with nor against Hamas
    I understand their political views... I think they fail to go by them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schweep)
    Disproportionate effect on civilians over military as concluded by independent investigation => Illegal
    Which investigation? The United Nations Human Rights Council? Because if so they are NOT independent. They have been criticised by Ban Ki Moon and former High Commissioner for Human Rights Mary Robinson for acting according to political considerations as opposed to human rights. They are a politically motivated group.

Let's look at some legal opinions by leaders in the field:

Alan Dershowitz, professor of Law at Harvard Law School, wrote that the legality of blockades as a response to acts of war “is not subject to serious doubt.” He likened Israel’s maritime blockade of Gaza to U.S. naval actions in Cuba during the Cuban Missile Crisis, which the U.S. had deemed lawful though not part of an armed conflict.

Similarly, Allen Weiner, former U.S. State Department attorney and legal counselor at the American Embassy in The Hague, and now a Stanford Law School professor, said "the Israeli blockade itself against Gaza itself is not illegal".

Ruth Wedgwood, a professor of International Law and Diplomacy at the School of Advanced International Studies at Johns Hopkins University, said that under the law of armed conflict, which would be in effect given Hamas's rocket attacks on Israel and Israel's responses, Israel has "a right to prevent even neutrals from shipping arms to [Hamas]".

I can find more if you want

ReputationRep:
    if the choice was between Hamas and Jews(fateh) I would support Hamas
    however if it was between Hamas and people who follow what Allah(Swt) commanded us then Id support the others

in other words I'm not 100% with nor against Hamas
    I understand their political views... I think they fail to go by them
    So you really just blindly hate jews?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.