Turn on thread page Beta

Jewish boat leaves Cyprus for Gaza in an attempt to break illegal blockade watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaDeenThenMaLife)
    I understand what you mean...
    yes, Israel have the right to exist...

If all Zionists are not legitemate in your eyes, and Zionism's direct definition is support of the Jewish state, then how can you both condemn Zionism and support Israel's right to exist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axes)
    And from that you drew that all sanctions directed generally at one country are illegal. :rolleyes:
    When innocent people are dying everyday because of these "sanctions" then yes, they are illegal.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't think that these people have any intention of reaching Gaza, unless they think that a meeting between the idiotically violent and hateful Hamas and a boat full of cheery Jews with teddy bears will go well. The most valuable thing on that boat is a load of hostages, especially the American ones.

Hamas is clear that they don't want peace and have made it clear with their actions that they don't care about people on either side or of any age. All they care about is their extreme version of Islam. I don't really see what Israel can do against such hate other than starve them of weapons and try and break them. No one complains about the blockade that allowed Britain to win WW1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    When innocent people are dying everyday because of these "sanctions" then yes, they are illegal.

No, it's not, or the sanctions on Iraq and North korea would be illegal. They are not. And Gaza's per capita mortality rate is lower than mid-income countries than Turkey. The sanctions are allmost exclusively military and dual use substances, period. Thus, the whole point of current flotilla's is to strengthen Hamas, not to aid the average Palestinian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Left Hand Drive)
    Thank you I will fire a little of my useless pro rep your way
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)
    Even Amnesty International doesn't think that people are dying directly because of this. They said that 'some Gazans' have died waiting for a permit to leave for medical treatment, so this says that the permit system is too inefficient. No one has died from shortage of food and certainly not from shortage of teddy bears.

The blame for any suffering is on Hamas and on the people who elected them. Hamas are the ones content to provoke a power they can never beat and then hide amongst children and hospitals when the retaliation comes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDoovde)
    I called in Pavelow and chopper might get nuke soon.
    I use the Intervention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathew551)
    I hope their journey is successful. I particularly commend the presence of the 82-year old survivor of the Holocaust, it's very symbolic. Hopefully this immoral blockade will be terminated.
    This.Wish them the best of luck, hope they arrive safely without any interception

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tzarchasm)
    I use the Intervention.
    nice brah i think israel have been noob tubin.

ReputationRep:
    Good for them. Hope that they arrive saftly and wont be attacked by the IDF as they did with the Flotilla aid boat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electrodude)
    Good for them. Hope that they arrive saftly and wont be attacked by the IDF as they did with the Flotilla aid boat.

If they refrain from trying to stab and kidnap the troops, then they have nothing to worry about, like practically all flotilla's to date apart from the IHH controlled Marmara.

ReputationRep:
    Update:

The boat was boarded by commando's and taken to Ashdod port, and surprise surprise, nothing happened and no one was hurt. Just like every other flotilla boat apart from the IHH controlled marmara.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1208959

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 28, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.