Turn on thread page Beta

Any ideas?

My boyfriend will be visiting next month and I know we will want sex lol... Just my luck that my period will occur on that month.

I want to delay it for just a few days, please?! Or make it come early - one or the other - I just want to be thrown off its usual cycle (usually very regular) for next month...

Thanks for any ideas... x.x

ReputationRep:
    I needed to do this before and was prescribed norethisterone.
    However maybe if you need to do this more often you could look at other options such as the contraceptive pill?

Speak to your GP

Was it easy for you to get prescribed? Do they ask a lot of personal questions?

ReputationRep:
    No, they ask whether your periods are regular or not, whether you're on other medication and whether there's a chance you're pregnant, but that's it I think.
    You have to take a pill three times a day, starting a couple of days before your period is due. Then keep taking it for as many days as you need, and two or three days after you stop taking it, your period will come.

I see. If I take norethisterone and have unprotected sex, i'd still need to get some sort of birth control right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I see. If I take norethisterone and have unprotected sex, i'd still need to get some sort of birth control right?
    YES its not a contraceptive.

Thank you xD

Will the contraceptive pill prevent my period too? o.o Like the first poster said?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thank you xD

Will the contraceptive pill prevent my period too? o.o Like the first poster said?
    Quite possibly, but not definitely. Girls differ in what their cycles do when they go on the pill. Personally, I don't tend to get periods when I'm on the pill, but some girls still will. The oestrogen based one (21 days and a week off) will usually push your period till you have a break. I'm on the mini pill as I can't have extra oestrogen. That one I take every day, no break and no "dud" pills. I don't tend to have a period, though it's happened before, and I know girls on the same one that still have periods.

(Original post by ghostbusterbunny)
    Quite possibly, but not definitely. Girls differ in what their cycles do when they go on the pill. Personally, I don't tend to get periods when I'm on the pill, but some girls still will. The oestrogen based one (21 days and a week off) will usually push your period till you have a break. I'm on the mini pill as I can't have extra oestrogen. That one I take every day, no break and no "dud" pills. I don't tend to have a period, though it's happened before, and I know girls on the same one that still have periods.
    Thanks for the information, that was really useful.
    I'll do some research then I guess lol.

If i just present my situation to my GP he will probably have all the answers right? xD

ReputationRep:
    You may have time to go on the contraceptive pill if you're looking for contraception and a way to delay your period, but remember not to give up on the condoms unless you know he is clean.

The alternative is norethisterone, which isn't a contraceptive but may be better if you need it in the next couple of days.

(Original post by MovingOn)
    You may have time to go on the contraceptive pill if you're looking for contraception and a way to delay your period, but remember not to give up on the condoms unless you know he is clean.

The alternative is norethisterone, which isn't a contraceptive but may be better if you need it in the next couple of days.
    I know he is clean :yes:

Thanks for the info Can I be on the pill and norethisterone at the same time though? I'm guessing the contraceptive pill won't delay my period for sure (it could just come as normal). When would it be too late to start using the pill (how many days before sex)? 7 days before having sex would be too late, right?

Thanks again.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2010
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.