Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    E.g. because it was too hard, not finding good friends, retards on the course etc..

ReputationRep:
    I didn't really enjoy the first year, largely because I'm not that interested in it :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well, a small number of people do drop out. Drop out rates are very low - whether that is because of the sort of people who do medicine or the course itself being great, or a combination of the two or something completely different I dunno.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Calumcalum)
    I didn't really enjoy the first year, largely because I'm not that interested in it :p:
    Agreed.

What clinical experience i have had has been very fun though, so not put off overall.

ReputationRep:
    what wasn't interesting about it??

ReputationRep:
    Not interested in what exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    Agreed.

What clinical experience i have had has been very fun though, so not put off overall.
    Are you still pre-clinical? I wish we had more than just GP!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Organ)
    Not interested in what exactly?
    Medicine in general :p: I think I'll really love clinical stuff and working, just science in general doesn't interest me so until it's put into practice I'm likely to be bored!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellytots122)
    what wasn't interesting about it??
    See post 8 :p: I think it's more me personally not being interested in it than it being objectively boring though

ReputationRep:
    Medicine in general :p: I think I'll really love clinical stuff and working, just science in general doesn't interest me so until it's put into practice I'm likely to be bored!
    What do you learn? is everything you learn put to use?? I still don't know whether medicine or dentistry have to decide by tomor... yup my lifes a mess lol!

ReputationRep:
    90% of the stuff you learn at medschool won't be needed when you practice. But the sciences are the most interesting part in medicine anyways!

I love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellytots122)
    What do you learn? is everything you learn put to use?? I still don't know whether medicine or dentistry have to decide by tomor... yup my lifes a mess lol!
    We learn loads :p: it's not all put to use now, you learn clinical examples for extension material, but we don't really do much (only GP) until 4th year at our uni. It's different at others though! If you get bored of Medicine you'll probably get bored of Dentistry too so I'd go for Med :p:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.