The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
An evening
an evening
Reply 3
an evening
Reply 4
I got most of it done in a night but proofing and editing it took me a bit longer.

c-c-c-combo breaker
(edited 13 years ago)
two evenings
Twenty minutes, or thereabouts. Plus about a total of ten minutes editing.
An afternoon to get the general thing as a whole, and now bits and pieces now and again after it gets checked by various tutors.
I did little bits of it randomly over a few weeks.
Reply 9
About 2-3 weeks....I managed to write/re-write/re-draft many times.
An evening.
In total, including editting etc, a couple of hours.
Reply 12
Haha, erm started a couple of months ago, have had about 4 editing sessions of a good 2 hours each and i'm still finding ways to improve it. On my 5th draft :biggrin:, maybe going a little overboard
I spent the whole summer procrastinating and just mulling it over in my head. Wrote it at start of September and it took about 3 weeks to edit :smile:
I'm sending mine off tomorrow and I'm so paranoid, thinking - 'this still isn't good enough!!!!'
30 minutes
A morning.
Reply 16
An evening WTH???!!!! I'm on about my 25th draft and it's been like 2 months!
I've not even started..
But hopefully it will only take an evening :biggrin:
We were told to write 2 drafts over the summer holidays, writing each from scratch and then combine the best bits of both to create the final thing. I guess I spent 5 hours in total.
For us the suggestion was not to try and write the first paragraph as it is the hardest to write but just write some of the others and see if any of them seem like a first paragraph and then switch the paragraphs around accordingly seemed to work, I got in everywhere I applied including Oxford.

The more things you have done the easier it is to write.
About 40 minutes, start to finish.

Latest