Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    We've had five Ucas lessons every fortnight sine the start of September - and none of my class has produced a final draft yet. an evening/ couple of hours Hmmm???

ReputationRep:
    I just copied and pasted mine from the TSR Wiki PS Library. I changed lots of the words using the synonym function in word so they'll never know! muahaha

HELLO IMPERIAL!

ReputationRep:
    fast(an evening:p:), the redrafting, rewriting, idea and inspiration come and go.

so all in all 2-3 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    First Draft took me about 3 hours, I showed it to form tutor/subject teachers they asked me to do a few corrections and after those I'm pretty much done and ready to send of my application.

ReputationRep:
    First Draft took me about 3 hours, I showed it to form tutor/subject teachers they asked me to do a few corrections and after those I'm pretty much done and ready to send of my application.

ReputationRep:
    Ha, I started mine in July last year, finished it in October. Absolute nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    A couple of nights of hard work, then half an hour of tweaking to fit the word limit.

ReputationRep:
    Where are those people who said "an evening" applying to?

ReputationRep:
    30 minutes or so. Apparently it was awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitkat1)
    We've had five Ucas lessons every fortnight sine the start of September - and none of my class has produced a final draft yet. an evening/ couple of hours Hmmm???
    We had a similar amount of school lessons to complete them in but I wrote literally nothing in them and spent the whole time playing Tetris. It's impossibly slow to write them at college when surrounded by people distracting you.

ReputationRep:
    FOREVER.

I am STILL writing it...

ReputationRep:
    How did people only take an evening!?

Ive been writing mine for the past few weeks, and last week pretty much all my spare time was spent trying to make it better/cut words out. And then I got told it wasnt great, so I've just had to rewrite it again .

Its now finished, thank goodness!

ReputationRep:
    2/3 days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by limetang)
    Admitadely I'd spent about 2 months trying to get some ideas together but after that pulling it all together into a side of A4 took a few hours altogether, redrafting I assume will take about 2 hours as I may also need to get it to fit the character limit.

Wrote it up, edited and sent if off in pshe, so about an hour. About 25 minutes writing, but the editing took about 20 minutes or so, but could have been done quicker as i was playing the helicopter game as well as doing it.
    A lot of people take weeks, making different drafts and that, but sounds like so much effort.

ReputationRep:
    I can't imagine only taking an hour or so would ever get you a really good statement. Unless you spent ages planning everything you were going to include and had the layout planned etc. I've been writing mine for about 2 weeks now and I think it's pretty much done, just getting some teachers final opinions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banzaii)
    Where are those people who said "an evening" applying to?
    I applied to Bath, LSE, Surrey, Warwick and York for maths-related courses. Warwick rejected (no fourth AS, no mention of STEP or AEA - only applied there because I was under pressure to, and didn't have another fifth choice,) I withdrew Surrey (it was a back-up to my main back-up - York - and, when York gave me an offer, it seemed stupid to get one from Surrey too,) other three gave offers.

ReputationRep:
    approximately one month from start to finish. I didn't just sit down and draft a version from start to finish and then edit it. I wrote one section at a time and it took a long time to really cut it down. At one point it was one and a half pages of A4 long.

ReputationRep:
    about 1 hour to write it all, then about another 2-3 hours tweaking everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matti_dude)
    I can't imagine only taking an hour or so would ever get you a really good statement. Unless you spent ages planning everything you were going to include and had the layout planned etc. I've been writing mine for about 2 weeks now and I think it's pretty much done, just getting some teachers final opinions.
    It depends, I have wanted to do this course for five years. Thus, communicating my interest wasn't difficult.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.