Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoriap_xo)
    hiii i see you're doing zoology! just out of interest what A-levels did you get? i really want to go to leeds!

Hey So I'm assuming you are doing zoology as well?

My offer last year was BBB (my subjects were bio, chem and maths) And in the end I got ABC (A in bio, B in maths, C in chem). So I think I was actually very lucky to get in...actually was very lucky to even get an offer after getting ACDE at AS and only being predicted ACC :/ Mind you up until year 12 I had wanted to do veterinary, so also had a lot of work experience.

What subjects are you doing and what are your predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rennythetoad16)
    Sorry it took me so long to get back!

Newcastle is my first choice at the moment but Leeds is a close second..... haven't heard anything from either of them yet

Thats ok it normally takes me twice as long to get back to people :P

And what are your subjects/predicted grades? I'm sure you will here something soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becca2508)
    I've applied for this scheme too, but I doubt that they'll lower my grades because I'm predicted the grades required for the course! Plus, I'm only eligible for two of the things-and one of those is probably only a squeeze for my eligibilty!

What course are you applying for?
    Ahh, well hopefully you can get a lower offer! I have 3 of the things so looks like I'll be able to get a lower offer. Applying for geography and politics, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelll=))
    Thats ok it normally takes me twice as long to get back to people :P

And what are your subjects/predicted grades? I'm sure you will here something soon!
    I'm doing Biology, Chemistry and Psychology and predicted A*AB, but tbh that's never going to happen!
    And fingers crossed about hearing something (positive!) soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rennythetoad16)
    I'm doing Biology, Chemistry and Psychology and predicted A*AB, but tbh that's never going to happen!
    And fingers crossed about hearing something (positive!) soon
    Well I'm sure you will here something back from Leeds. I got predicted ACC and still got an offer Although my offer was 3 Bs and I got ABC but still got in

Your grades are a lot better than mine were so I would be very surprised if you didn't get an offer.

I feel sorry for you that you are currently in the middle of A-level chemistry. Reminds me of last year where most of my chemistry lessons were spend contemplating suicide. How I got a C I will never know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TEQKILLA)
    French & Politics, yessir
    well done! when did you send off your application? i'm applying for english and french, so similar sort of admissions processes. I just wanna know!

ReputationRep:
    Recived a conditional offer on the 17th Nov, 8 days after I sent it

Classical Civilisation Q820 with an offer of ABB (a little on the low side, which i won't question) and no interview, yayyy.

got a departmental visit day on the 1st Dec, can't wait.

Anyone else similar?
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    i applied for diagnostic radiography at leeds, i found out a few days ago that they rejected me, hmph . i don't fully understand why though, i achieved BBBB in my as levels and i'm predicted ABB for a2. i even have relevant radiography experience. i guess i was just reaaaaally unlucky.

ReputationRep:
    Politics offer of AAB, 13 days after sending

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jcockerill1)
    Ahh, well hopefully you can get a lower offer! I have 3 of the things so looks like I'll be able to get a lower offer. Applying for geography and politics, how about you?
    Aah cool, sounds good! Hopefully you'll get a lower offer then! I've applied for History of Art on the scheme but also History of Art and Museum Studies (not on the A2L scheme), so quite nervous about the interviews next month!

Good luck with your application!

ReputationRep:
    Anybody applying for Spanish? I got an offer on friday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by golddust&lipgloss)
    i applied for diagnostic radiography at leeds, i found out a few days ago that they rejected me, hmph . i don't fully understand why though, i achieved BBBB in my as levels and i'm predicted ABB for a2. i even have relevant radiography experience. i guess i was just reaaaaally unlucky.
    did you have any work experience? they really penalise people for not mentioning they've had work exp. Also could have been cause they were tough on judging your personal statement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toast.)
    Got a conditional offer for Linguistics and Phonetics today
    They raised the grades though - it says ABB on the website and the prospectus, but they offered me AAA. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Argh! I can't believe that.. I'm quite worried for myself now :eek:

They're probably testing you, it's good they believe that you can get those grades though. When did you send your ucas off?

ReputationRep:
    Medicinal chemistry (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toast.)
    Got a conditional offer for Linguistics and Phonetics today
    They raised the grades though - it says ABB on the website and the prospectus, but they offered me AAA. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Well done on your offer! I applied for English and Linguistics with AAC.. sent my application on 17th Nov and no reply yet, how long after you sent your form did you get a reply? I'm getting nervous!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if I've written in this thread before... but Leeds is looking like my firm choice for Genetics xD
    Got an offer today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelll=))
    Well I'm sure you will here something back from Leeds. I got predicted ACC and still got an offer Although my offer was 3 Bs and I got ABC but still got in

Your grades are a lot better than mine were so I would be very surprised if you didn't get an offer.

I feel sorry for you that you are currently in the middle of A-level chemistry. Reminds me of last year where most of my chemistry lessons were spend contemplating suicide. How I got a C I will never know.
    All this talk about Leeds was obviously good luck.... got an offer of ABB today! Well chuffed
    Eurgh Chemistry has become the bane of my life this year, still making me laugh that they think im going to get an A!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iunno)
    did you have any work experience? they really penalise people for not mentioning they've had work exp. Also could have been cause they were tough on judging your personal statement
    yeh, it was mentioned in my statement & all.

ReputationRep:
    Why was my letter addressed to my mum? I'm 18 for god's sake, I was really annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by golddust&lipgloss)
    yeh, it was mentioned in my statement & all.
    thats really weird. they should've at least given you an interview. definitely ask for feedback, cause that's quite worrying. have you heard back from any other unis?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 28, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Leeds
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Leeds
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.