Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lovin)
    HOLY ****. :eek: Really? I really wanna have a go at rock climbing, I love extreme sports, well I love the look of them. Only ever done rock climbing once and loved it. There's loads I wanna do.
    I wanna sing, horse riding, rock climbing, archery, caving, sky diving (not too sure whether or not this is a club), sub aqua, but alas there are not a lot of days in the week so will have to see what catches my eye on freshers week lol.
    There is so much do do in freshers, i guarantee you wont get it all done :P But make sure you follow up your interest. You can always email the head of the society and ask to join etc..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baino770)
    Been waiting far too long for English Lang & Lit offer or rejection now! Anyone else still waiting?
    Yesss, still waiting. Thing is this week I find out whether my retake has allowed me to choose between Exeter and York for English, or York for English and Politics... so once I know my retake result, I don't know if I can be bothered to wait for Leeds because I'd rather just get on and get excited about uni. But at the same time, if I get in, I kind of want to be able to say I got all five offers lol....

(Original post by Vekeh)
    The fact that you're still waiting is actually a good sign, tons of people have already been rejected! It's likely you're on the maybe-pile and they haven't yet relooked at your app - don't lose hope!
    Hopefully , they sent me a letter basically saying that they hadn't decided... which was nice I guess. But I just want my last choice to be wrapped up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ollypocket)
    Yesss, still waiting. Thing is this week I find out whether my retake has allowed me to choose between Exeter and York for English, or York for English and Politics... so once I know my retake result, I don't know if I can be bothered to wait for Leeds because I'd rather just get on and get excited about uni. But at the same time, if I get in, I kind of want to be able to say I got all five offers lol....

Hopefully , they sent me a letter basically saying that they hadn't decided... which was nice I guess. But I just want my last choice to be wrapped up.
    I guess with the amount of time I've been waiting overall (since start of November) another few weeks isn't going to seem like too long so I'm just going to wait it out.
    I haven't heard anything from them since January which is a while ago now; hope they haven't forgotten about me!
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I guess with the amount of time I've been waiting overall (since start of November) another few weeks isn't going to seem like too long so I'm just going to wait it out.
    I haven't heard anything from them since January which is a while ago now; hope they haven't forgotten about me!
    Good luck!
    Ah that sucks - I applied in the last week of January so haven't been waiting too long comparatively.
    What did you apply for?
    Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    Ah that sucks - I applied in the last week of January so haven't been waiting too long comparatively.
    What did you apply for?
    Good luck to you too!
    Yeah it's been ages. I applied for English Literature and Language, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's been ages. I applied for English Literature and Language, how about you?
    Same
    I also have an unconditional for Classical Lit and English. Probably should have just applied for that and put some other choice in... ah well...

ReputationRep:
    Same
    I also have an unconditional for Classical Lit and English. Probably should have just applied for that and put some other choice in... ah well...
    Congrats for unconditional. If you're indecisive why not apply twice!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats for unconditional. If you're indecisive why not apply twice!
    Thanks! Ha well it was more of a security measure . I don't mind studying Classical Lit or just English Lit and Lang, and since I already have above ABB the former was a mega safe choice, so I didn't really need the other option as another back up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mask Of Sanity)
    This is precisely what I'm thinking. :tongue: The look of extreme sports makes me want to at least give them a go, all of them!
    I know right, oh my, I can't wait to go and get involved in everything and anything lol. Cannot officially wait

(Original post by TomInce6666)
    There is so much do do in freshers, i guarantee you wont get it all done :P But make sure you follow up your interest. You can always email the head of the society and ask to join etc..
    Yeh most likely I won't be able to, but it wont stop me from trying lol. Keep myself busy and all that jazz.

ReputationRep:
    The societies do look very good! Like the look of mountaineering, English, Philosophy, horse riding and debating! Good luck to everyone getting results on Thursday :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99 Red Balloons)
    The societies do look very good! Like the look of mountaineering, English, Philosophy, horse riding and debating! Good luck to everyone getting results on Thursday :eek:
    I really hope you get the result you want!!

ReputationRep:
    Has any one had an offer from the History of Art interviews on the 28th of feb?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how easy it is to swap courses? I mean you can go through clearing, but wondered if there was a way to do it. I'm going to study politics and sociology, but was thinking changing it to international relations or politics.

ReputationRep:
    English Language and Literature at Leeds!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoopyfrood199)
    English Language and Literature at Leeds!
    AWESOME! I've firmed an unconditional for that course so I'm definitely going Is Leeds high up in your choices?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    AWESOME! I've firmed an unconditional for that course so I'm definitely going Is Leeds high up in your choices?
    Yep! I'll be firming it soon. I absolutely LOVED Leeds, so excited Just need to get the grades

See you there hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    I just received an unsuccesful decision...what the hell?I waited till 10th of march to receive unsuc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Astrum)
    I just received an unsuccesful decision...what the hell?I waited till 10th of march to receive unsuc...
    Tell me about it. Waited until March for 2 rejections from Bristol and York. It sucks but I'm sure you have an awesome place to go

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Leicester but...It might have something to do with my email 2 days ago telling them to start to ****ing think :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.L. C-Brown)
    Applying for Greek Civilisation and History
    Hii I applied for the same course! Did you hear back?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 28, 2012

University open days

1. University of Leeds
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Leeds
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.