Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lovin)
    I'm thinking of rock clmbing, sky diving, horse riding, zoology, and maybe a sport, and street dance. But there isnt enough hours in the day to do all that stuff. But theyre all the ones that I wanna do. ha ha.
    I'm sure they'll be plenty to do in freshers fair though. Just cant wait to finally hand my notice in at work and say enough and start afresh

Awesome hun. I know in the other thread you were debating about Leeds or Sheffield. Glad you chose leeds Lupton is actually really nice, when I stay with my friend (he lives up in lupton) it's a really nice area in Headingly. The accomodation is quite spacious too and the lupton residences are very social. Glad you got it all sorted though hun.
    Thanks >.< I know you were trying to help me out with my stupid indecisiveness so thankyou! I'm so excited now, feel really happy having chosen leeds. I actually firmed sheffield and that was what made me realise I really didn't wanna go there so I called up UCAS and they changed it!! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bella Occhi)
    Yay another Lupton person I was actually wondering the same thing. Have quoted the Leeds accommodation office person below who should be able to help. I did hear that there was no mirror, apparently most people just buy one themselves and prop it on their desk

Also I was having another look at the societies. Anyone else feeling like joining Real Ale? :awesome: http://www.leedsuniversityunion.org....erest/realale/

Oooh nice one and we have a reply so now I can get overexcited about buying things! I moved house 2 years ago and my room is tinnnyyyy so I'll cope with whatever my room's like, as well as propping up a mirror cause that's what I currently do anyway! :rolleyes:
    There's too many societies I have no idea which to join. Will wing it at fresher's fair methinks. I'm afraid to say I'm not much of an ale drinker sorry love! hah

ReputationRep:
    seems like I've missed a bit on this thread but looking forward to joining societies, athletics, basketball and street dance atm tho i cannot dance but gonna join loads. So excited for uni, gap year sucks when you're broke :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by accomoffice)
    The contracts at Lupton will start on Wednesday 14 September but the majority of people don't move in until the weekend of 17/18. There's not really anything happening before the weekend - it's just handy to be able to move in earlier somethimes if your parents have to drive a sibling to another uni at the weekend or if you have a special orientation course (e.g. for disabled or international students)
    pls do you know when we can move in the tannery?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meggandbeans)
    Oooh nice one and we have a reply so now I can get overexcited about buying things! I moved house 2 years ago and my room is tinnnyyyy so I'll cope with whatever my room's like, as well as propping up a mirror cause that's what I currently do anyway! :rolleyes:
    There's too many societies I have no idea which to join. Will wing it at fresher's fair methinks. I'm afraid to say I'm not much of an ale drinker sorry love! hah
    Haha, I've never really tried ale, I just thought the society looked fun

Yeah quite excited for decorating my room I already have a couple of posters, I might get fairy lights. I got loads of inspiration from the post a pic of your dorm room thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    pls do you know when we can move in the tannery?
    The Tannery contracts start the previous Saturday so that'll be the 10th (I think, it's definitely the Saturday anyway)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by accomoffice)
    The Tannery contracts start the previous Saturday so that'll be the 10th (I think, it's definitely the Saturday anyway)
    Ha right, wouldn't want to be there alone a week but least i can move in slowly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meggandbeans)
    Never thought of decorating the dorm room. Omg i need posters or pictures or both o.O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lovin)
    Never thought of decorating the dorm room. Omg i need posters or pictures or both o.O
    I'm getting some Doctor Who posters, some Glee ones, some Game of Thrones ones and buying a new Tournee Du Chat Noir one, as mine is particularly battered. My room will be interesting xD

ReputationRep:
    Conditional for Adult Nursing and Leeds is my firm! Applied for Lupton Residences.
    Just signed up for TSR so would be nice to make a few friends!
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snurse)
    Conditional for Adult Nursing and Leeds is my firm! Applied for Lupton Residences.
    Just signed up for TSR so would be nice to make a few friends!
    x
    Hi there, welcome I've also applied for Lupton, there seem to be quite a few of us who've applied there in this thread! Lupton is blatantly the best :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, welcome I've also applied for Lupton, there seem to be quite a few of us who've applied there in this thread! Lupton is blatantly the best :awesome:
    I've been on over drive today filling out uni stuff because I only just got my offer, I had to go through Extra and everything!, I put Oxley first but was unsure between the two, I just changed it to Lupton because it's closer to the uni and seems to have more of a community feel. I really want it to feel like home!

xx

ReputationRep:
    I've been on over drive today filling out uni stuff because I only just got my offer, I had to go through Extra and everything!, I put Oxley first but was unsure between the two, I just changed it to Lupton because it's closer to the uni and seems to have more of a community feel. I really want it to feel like home!

xx
    Oh wow, congrats on getting an offer through Extra! Not sure how many places they have going through there but seems like quite an achievement Oxley looks beautiful (and it has cheap en-suites!), I did consider it too but ruled it out because of the distance as well. I think everyone's going to make their rooms feel like home by customising them with posters and the like, I know I am

ReputationRep:
    getting jealous of lupton now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    You wanted that en-suite room, remember?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girlwithsharpteeth)
    You wanted that en-suite room, remember?
    Haha but the parties!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    You could always....... change over and come to the dark side :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    You could always....... change over and come to the dark side :awesome:
    I'm already black :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, congrats on getting an offer through Extra! Not sure how many places they have going through there but seems like quite an achievement Oxley looks beautiful (and it has cheap en-suites!), I did consider it too but ruled it out because of the distance as well. I think everyone's going to make their rooms feel like home by customising them with posters and the like, I know I am
    It was a huge fuss but well worth it, Leeds has always been my favourite and now I get to go! I'm so excited for decorating my room, my dad is gonna hate me when he sees what I'll be filling his car up with!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmz)
    I'm already black :rofl:
    :lol:

It was a huge fuss but well worth it, Leeds has always been my favourite and now I get to go! I'm so excited for decorating my room, my dad is gonna hate me when he sees what I'll be filling his car up with!
    xx
    Yeah I think everyone is going to be arriving with an absolutely jam packed car :lol: I have heard somewhere not to worry about how much stuff you're taking though because there will always be someone with more than you! How do you think you're going to break the ice with flatmates and so on? Not sure whether to bring alcohol or not as a lot of people are saying they will!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 28, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.