Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    unconditional for biochemistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomInce6666)
    Dont worry, exactly the same position as you last year
    So what you think of leeds for medicine(positives/negatives)??

ReputationRep:
    Medicine applicant here!
    I hate that they don't send emails! I feel like they haven't received my application

ReputationRep:
    Social Policy

ReputationRep:
    I got an acknowledgement a while back from English Admissions... No one else seems to have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petey peterson 77)
    So what you think of leeds for medicine(positives/negatives)??
    Broad question, but id say come to Leeds if you still want a first rate degree whilst enjoying your time here. The city alone has so much to offer on every single night of the week, whilst the union is probably one of the best in the country. If you like partying, this is the city to be in. The med school has a great structured degree, explanations of it are really clear. The course content is good and the lectures are rather good. Tutor groups are really intimate and you really get to know your tutors quite well and vice versa. All in all, its a great place to spend 5 years tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your application to study English at the University of Leeds.

Your application has been received and passed to the Admissions Tutor for consideration. We will contact you again with our decision as soon as possible.

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    Dear Applicant,

Your application has been received and passed to the Admissions Tutor for consideration. We will contact you again with our decision as soon as possible.

Ooh you must be special to receive an acknowledgement from them :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99 Red Balloons)
    Ooh you must be special to receive an acknowledgement from them :cool:
    Lol, I'm just cool enough for them to let me know :cool:

Or maybe they're stalking me on this thread ._.

ReputationRep:
    Broad question, but id say come to Leeds if you still want a first rate degree whilst enjoying your time here. The city alone has so much to offer on every single night of the week, whilst the union is probably one of the best in the country. If you like partying, this is the city to be in. The med school has a great structured degree, explanations of it are really clear. The course content is good and the lectures are rather good. Tutor groups are really intimate and you really get to know your tutors quite well and vice versa. All in all, its a great place to spend 5 years tbh.
    Sounds awesome tbf, how easy is it to get involved in sports groups and societies, in sports is there pretty much everything where all levels can take part or is it mainly focused on the traditional ones like footy and rugby etc where only the best take part? Have you tried any new sports or anything like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScrubZ)
    Sounds awesome tbf, how easy is it to get involved in sports groups and societies, in sports is there pretty much everything where all levels can take part or is it mainly focused on the traditional ones like footy and rugby etc where only the best take part? Have you tried any new sports or anything like that?
    Sports is a huge thing. Most of the halls do inter-hall sport, most faculties do sport, and you have uni sport. Rugby and footy i'd say are the main sports here, not a great deal else ive seen. You have all the usual snowsports, hockey, netball, literally everything. But mainly rugby.

And your sig is really ****ing trippy. Thank **** i havent started drinking yet.

ReputationRep:
    Sports is a huge thing. Most of the halls do inter-hall sport, most faculties do sport, and you have uni sport. Rugby and footy i'd say are the main sports here, not a great deal else ive seen. You have all the usual snowsports, hockey, netball, literally everything. But mainly rugby.

And your sig is really ****ing trippy. Thank **** i havent started drinking yet.
    Ah right cheers for that. Haha yeah, it's an album cover.

I was hoping to play for the uni golf team, don't s'pose you've seen any golf stuff around? Would be lookin to get involved with the footy as well, what's the standard like with the inter-hall and faculty teams?

ReputationRep:
    Cheers boss!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    Dear Applicant,

Yeah I got an e-mail like that too a few weeks ago, from Maddy Burrows or something. It's weird some people haven't.. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    applying for english

got an email from Maddy this afternoon!! i hope this is a good thing!

ReputationRep:
    I didnt get an email, but I have spoke to Maddy before. Shes the admissions person, so be nice to her :P

ReputationRep:
    Leeds is going to be my second choice for Zoology (C300).

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody applied to do Engineering / Mechatronics & Robotics ?
    I got my offer in the post , conditional offer of AAB. :eek:
    Anyone going to visit in January 2011 ?
    Good luck to everyone and the UCAS Process ! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by b1993)
    Hi there, I got a conditional offer via UCAS for leeds today for the Geolgical Sciences (4 year) course. However, in the conditions, all it says is 'This offer is subject to you obtaining.. Subject to satisfactory interview.. For further details see letter from institution'

It doesn't give me any grade requirements? Could someone please explain this to me.

I thought if you had an interview, they would send a letter/email to you telling you you had an interview and then after your interview, give you your offer, not beforehand? HELP please
    Wondering, Have you had your letter yet?

I haven't heard anything, no offers yet. Seems to be taking them about 2 weeks for most. Feels like foreverrrrrrrrr!

ReputationRep:
    i got a conditional offer for H460 Aviation Technology with Pilot Studies through ucas, conditions are: AB

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 28, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Leeds
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Leeds
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.