Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattdst)
    I just got an email saying:

"Thank you for your application to study BA (Honours)/BSc (Honours) L100 Economics at the University of Nottingham.

As you may be aware this programme is very popular, attracting large numbers of applications from highly qualified candidates. In accordance with UCAS guidelines we must give equal consideration to all applications that we receive up until the 15 January deadline, and therefore we are required to put your application on hold for a short time."

I also have all my A levels already. :L So meh, im hoping I should get something soon. Looks like quite a few people have got this email

Ah I hate waiting till after the deadline for offers....

I think Warwick wait for the deadline aswell for Economics =/

Cheers for clearing that up anyways =)

ReputationRep:
    Got a conditional offer for BBC for biomedical materials science, absolutely ecstatic it was BBB on the prospectus

ReputationRep:
    ^Yeh I got one of those emails for Law. Yay for waiting..:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayley22)
    Applying for English Studies and Philosophy; hey, I'm feeling fairly confident. Notts is my favourite choice though so the nerves are there.
    how did you get so many unconditional offers?:eek:

ReputationRep:
    GOT A CONDITIONAL OFFER FOR CULTURAL SOCIOLOGY!!!
    Ecstatic isnt even the world! And i only have to get distinction merit merit which i can do easily! YAY

ReputationRep:
    I just got an offer for BA French, ABB! Steep but hopefully I can do it, Nottingham's my first choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sw1tch)
    Got a conditional offer for BBC for biomedical materials science, absolutely ecstatic it was BBB on the prospectus
    lucky you !!!!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Sw1tch)
    Congratulations!!!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    YAY! Offer for History! I LOVE Nottingham! For those of you who would like to know, I sent my application on the 22nd of October Good Luck to everyone and congrats to those already with offers!

ReputationRep:
    Architecture (K100)

Nottingham's my first choice, so hopefully..

ReputationRep:
    Hey there

I was thinking of applying but I know that I will probably get rejected. I did the IB diploma and got 27 points, and I'm resitting right now. I wanna major in Business, do I have any chance of getting accepted (provided I improve my score to a 32 or something). I have solid working experience (worked in a travel agency) and will be picking up an internship in a Bank starting next month till next summer.

Any other recommended universities other then Nottingham? Realistic targets with a not-so-bad reputation.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesilvermagnolia)
    Just out of interest, how long did it take from when your application was processed by UCAS, to when you got an offer from Nottingham?
    Hey, I sent my app off and 9 days later got the offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scorsese)
    Hey there

I was thinking of applying but I know that I will probably get rejected. I did the IB diploma and got 27 points, and I'm resitting right now. I wanna major in Business, do I have any chance of getting accepted (provided I improve my score to a 32 or something). I have solid working experience (worked in a travel agency) and will be picking up an internship in a Bank starting next month till next summer.

Any other recommended universities other then Nottingham? Realistic targets with a not-so-bad reputation.

Thanks
    How about Leicester, I really liked it when I went there and it has an excellent reputation

ReputationRep:
    English Studies and Theology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubble11)
    They've asked for up to 1500 words of fiction or 100 lines of poetry so I'm definitely going with the fiction option. My poetry is really not the best! Have you sent your sample yet or are you working on it?
    I'm working on it, it said four weeks from when they sent their email, so I have until the 18th November! Are you doing a short story or something like that? also, what is the email address you have to send the sample to, as I had a query and sent it to the [email protected] I THINK or it was something like that, and a postgraduate woman emailed me back :/ x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel_Leah)
    I'm working on it, it said four weeks from when they sent their email, so I have until the 18th November! Are you doing a short story or something like that? also, what is the email address you have to send the sample to, as I had a query and sent it to the [email protected] I THINK or it was something like that, and a postgraduate woman emailed me back :/ x
    Well the email I got does say send the sample to [email protected] What did the postgrad say?

And yeah I'm doing a short story I have one already that I'd like to send but it's too long so I might try and make a shortened version of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubble11)
    Well the email I got does say send the sample to [email protected] What did the postgrad say?

And yeah I'm doing a short story I have one already that I'd like to send but it's too long so I might try and make a shortened version of that.
    I just asked how under/over the deadline is allowed of if it's just a 1,000 maximum and 750 word things would be accepted etc. and she emailed back something about a 5,000 maximum word limit and 10 poems, so naturally I was baffled, rang them and the woman there said that 'Ruth Whelan' was the postgrad admissions person, and i put the course in the title etc and made it clear i was an undergraduate so I have no idea why she thought I was postgrad and replied, so I'm just waiting for an ACTUAL reply now, not that it is a big thing but still, does this mean all our samples are going to the wrong person?!

ANYWAY, that sounds like a good idea, I've done a short story too I just keep second guessing myself and thinking of new ideas and what would be better etc. I just need ONE offer to keep me going, all this waiting is making me doubt everything x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel_Leah)
    I just asked how under/over the deadline is allowed of if it's just a 1,000 maximum and 750 word things would be accepted etc. and she emailed back something about a 5,000 maximum word limit and 10 poems, so naturally I was baffled, rang them and the woman there said that 'Ruth Whelan' was the postgrad admissions person, and i put the course in the title etc and made it clear i was an undergraduate so I have no idea why she thought I was postgrad and replied, so I'm just waiting for an ACTUAL reply now, not that it is a big thing but still, does this mean all our samples are going to the wrong person?!

ANYWAY, that sounds like a good idea, I've done a short story too I just keep second guessing myself and thinking of new ideas and what would be better etc. I just need ONE offer to keep me going, all this waiting is making me doubt everything x
    That's quite worring that they've possibly given us the wrong email address to send our writing samples too As if we don't have enough to stress over! Do we just send our piece of writing as an attachment on the email? I worry about sending documents as attachments because I've had problems not being able to open them on certain computers and stuff like that before

I feel the same about just wanting one flipping offer! I'd feel so much more relaxed having one single offer under my belt because I'd really be happy to go to any of the unis I've applied to. I'm just dreading I'll be one of the horror stories about people with good grades who get 5 rejections...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilzyy)
    how did you get so many unconditional offers?:eek:
    Because I have three A-Levels already? Don't have a clue how I got Nottingham with A*AC and a predicted A*, but let's not tempt fate.

ReputationRep:
    Still no acknowledgement email Has anyone got any Notts language offers?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 23, 2012
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.