Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mariana93)
    Yeah, my application was sent on 1st Nov

Have you?
    Ye. Got a conditional AAA really pleased.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayley22)
    Yay another English and Philosophy applicant! Good luck
    =O and I thought I was the only one.

Do you have a first choice or are you just seeing how things go offerswise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pixiebot)
    =O and I thought I was the only one.

Do you have a first choice or are you just seeing how things go offerswise?
    Nottingham is my first choice, but I'm going to wait and hear from Bristol before I make a final decision. If by some miracle I get in there I may firm them instead. What about you? I sent my application 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard from Birmingham!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayley22)
    Nottingham is my first choice, but I'm going to wait and hear from Bristol before I make a final decision. If by some miracle I get in there I may firm them instead. What about you? I sent my application 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard from Birmingham!
    I'm saying Southampton is my first choice but because it is so far away and the toughest to get into I only have the website to go by! I shall go have a look around when I get my offer (which I will get, RIGHT?)

I'm torn between notts and brum as my second choice... I think Birmingham city is lovely but the campus at Nottingham is epiccc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freerider101)
    I got a conditional offer today for Physics But they didn't specify the grades??

did they say they'd tell you the grades at an open day?

ReputationRep:
    I just got an offer for sociology im soooo so so so happy!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any Spanish related offers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asabashoyuki)
    Just got an offer from Notts.

AB or BBB for Economics, (IELTS overall 7.0 required)

I was like "WATTTT?!" - Totally shocked as they normally ask for AAA or AAB (for International applicant)

However, I'm not quite happy about the requirement of IELTS so might write a letter to ask
    Many of their econ offers have been AAB even thought it says AAA on their website!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the Jack pot)
    Ye. Got a conditional AAA really pleased.
    Sounds really good. How long did it take for them to get back to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ambition-X)
    No, the wait is horrible. I sent mine off on the 20th October. I hope to hear from them soon! I got an email from Nottingham today saying that they're still having bursaries for 2011 applicants. I was SO excited when I saw it haha. Did you receive this email?
    I sure did, and I got really excited when I saw that it was from Nottingham haha hopefully the wait won't be too much longer!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone..
    I got an offer from Nottingham to do Neuroscience next year.
    They told me to book online at the portal for a post offer open day, i went on there and they said "Bookings available from November" - but it's november already?!?!

im confused.
    Does anyone have the same problem? or can anyone help? many thx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilosophyIsMyGame)
    I'm also applying for sociology i think they'll make us wait til after christmas.. I hope not though !
    i've applied for sociology and have an offer for nottingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by philosophyismygame)
    i just got an offer for sociology im soooo so so so happy! :d

im jealous.. My offer for sociology at nottingham is abc/bbb.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for Geography - AAB! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Archaeology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mariana93)
    Sounds really good. How long did it take for them to get back to you?
    About 10 days or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesilvermagnolia)
    Just out of interest, how long did it take from when your application was processed by UCAS, to when you got an offer from Nottingham?
    Processed on the 4th Nov, offer on the 10th Nov.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSGeographer)
    Hi Just got a BA Geography offer AAB from Nottingham today! Have you heard anything?
    Update: I got an AAB offer from Notts for the same course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kttt101)
    did they say they'd tell you the grades at an open day?
    I got a letter in the post today which said if I contact them they I can go to an open day, so no specific dates or anything. My letter might be different to yours because I'm from Channel Islands and although we are really close to mainland UK we are still classed as international students. Although yesterday when my tracking status changed and said conditional, and when I followed the link from the course code it said AAB. So hopefully thats the conditions I need to meet. What about you, what did your letter say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glen_Nichols)
    Many of their econ offers have been AAB even thought it says AAA on their website!
    Are they always that generous? :eek:

AB/BBB still sounds strange though....I wonder why do they only want 2 subjects (furthermore, I've already got an A in Japanese....so I only need one more B)

I'll probably firm Manchester though...feeling a bit guilty about wasting their kindness.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 23, 2012
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.