Congratz and I'm so jealous.
I'd like an offer anytime now please.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 461
Original post by Freerider101
Unrelated to your comment but you're applying for Computer Science and but you don't like D1? Or did you just mess up the exam? I'm doing it next term and it looks dreadful!!

D1 as a subject is beautiful (I've been using its subject matter in my programs for years now), but I took the OCR JAN10 exam, which was bloody dreadful. There was a page-long question (literally one page of nothing but text) on "computers" with 4 numbers in 2 memory banks or something, which was outdated by between two and three decades yet took up nearly half of the marks. The simplex question was also convoluted beyond measure and to answer it without error you would have had to be a robot or some kind of simplex fanatic.

The syllabus needs bringing up-to-date: Despite knowing the practicalities of D1 inside out I scored 61%, my second-worst mark in any exam ever (worst was C4; 55% is quite a good mark when you take an exam drunk :smile: )

Having said that, most of the syllabus not "related to computing", like Dijkstra's algorithm (why don't they teach A*?),minimum spanning trees, matrix multiplication (or is that FP1?) and inequalities are damn useful, even more so than C4 with its vectors and calculus, in the real world of computing (EDIT: And physics... You'll do a lot of matLAB, which is very numerically-oriented)- i.e. not the one that the mathematicians think still exists.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 462
Original post by cpdavis
Applied to do maths, you?

NatSci
Original post by cha050
Hey everyone..
I got an offer from Nottingham to do Neuroscience next year.
They told me to book online at the portal for a post offer open day, i went on there and they said "Bookings available from November" - but it's november already?!?!

im confused.
Does anyone have the same problem? or can anyone help? :smile: many thx

I had the same problem, but if you log on today, it should say:

Bookings not yet available
We will contact you when the system is available

Guess we'll have to do a bit of waiting. :tongue:
Reply 464
Original post by Introverted moron
I had the same problem, but if you log on today, it should say:

Bookings not yet available
We will contact you when the system is available

Guess we'll have to do a bit of waiting. :tongue:

I emailed the Neuroscience department last night and got a reply this morning, they said "I’m sorry for the inconvenience this is the first year the University have used this particular booking system and they are having a few teething problems. We have been told that you will be sent an email when the form is up and running."

Hope this helps :smile:
English and Hispanic Studies ABB XD!!!!
Reply 466
Pharmacy AAB :biggrin: :biggrin:
Theology offer - got it a few days after I sent my UCAS form off!

Either they really want me, or no one applies for theology. I hope it's the former, but I'm willing to concede the latter ^^

ABB

win.
Reply 468
Original post by stickysquishy
wow, around 10 days for an offer, nice!

yea, got a letter that need to wait until jan 15 for all the applications to be in. are you an international applicant?

Nope, im from london. Are you?
Original post by seb12
same, what course did you apply to??

Ohhh I WANT ONE. I've got an offer but nothing has come through the post as of yet.
Reply 470
Original post by thesilvermagnolia
Congrats :smile: When did you apply??

thanks :smile: i applied on the 27th oct and had an offer on the 7th Nov :biggrin:
Reply 471
I got an offer for History and Russian and East European Civilisations a while back.

Need to get AB this year.

Delighted, as Notts is my first choice
Reply 472
Anyone had an offer for Law yet? :smile:
I've applied to do Law with Espanol~
Reply 473
I applied for Architecture on 1st Nov and only have acknowledgement from Nottingham. I have been predicted A*AA and the entry requirements are AAA. On the Architecture Offers Thread, many people say they've gotten their offers from Nottingham about 10 days after their application was sent off.

Is this a reason to worry?? I am really starting to panic, Nottingham is my first choice :frown:
YAY! any of you who are doing modern langs next year/are thinking of florence boot/cavendish as accom MESSAGE MEEEEEE! i wanna meet new people before uni, ahaha. (also what are my accom choices like?)
Reply 475
Got an unconditional for Computer Science today!
Original post by Mariana93
I applied for Architecture on 1st Nov and only have acknowledgement from Nottingham. I have been predicted A*AA and the entry requirements are AAA. On the Architecture Offers Thread, many people say they've gotten their offers from Nottingham about 10 days after their application was sent off.

Is this a reason to worry?? I am really starting to panic, Nottingham is my first choice :frown:

Seriously don't worry, some offers take months and months to come in, 16 days really isn't long. Nottingham was one of my last offers to come in about three months after I applied. The longer it takes doesn't mean you haven't got an offer or they like you any less. All departments do things differently. Your department might be taking a break from applications because they have other work to do, or maybe they're waiting until all the applications have come in?
Reply 477
Original post by thesilvermagnolia
English and Hispanic Studies ABB XD!!!!

Congrats :smile: How long did your offer take to come through?
I never looked at the english department on the open day as I thought I was doing straight philosophy, did you like it?
Reply 478
BBC offer for Computer Science MSc, lower than I expected :biggrin:
Reply 479
Original post by becomingbindy
Seriously don't worry, some offers take months and months to come in, 16 days really isn't long. Nottingham was one of my last offers to come in about three months after I applied. The longer it takes doesn't mean you haven't got an offer or they like you any less. All departments do things differently. Your department might be taking a break from applications because they have other work to do, or maybe they're waiting until all the applications have come in?

Hey, got my offer now :biggrin: YAY YAY YAY !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending