conditional for MEng Mechanical Engineering
    they gave me an offer for BEng as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mariana93)
    Hey, got my offer now YAY YAY YAY !!
    Well done! Come to Notts, it's amazing!

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    Has anybody heard anything about midwifery yet?
    interviews at all?
    x

ReputationRep:
    I GOT AN OFFER! Architectural Enviroment Engineering

ReputationRep:
    computer science BBC (easy)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roblee)
    D1 as a subject is beautiful (I've been using its subject matter in my programs for years now), but I took the OCR JAN10 exam, which was bloody dreadful. There was a page-long question (literally one page of nothing but text) on "computers" with 4 numbers in 2 memory banks or something, which was outdated by between two and three decades yet took up nearly half of the marks. The simplex question was also convoluted beyond measure and to answer it without error you would have had to be a robot or some kind of simplex fanatic.

The syllabus needs bringing up-to-date: Despite knowing the practicalities of D1 inside out I scored 61%, my second-worst mark in any exam ever (worst was C4; 55% is quite a good mark when you take an exam drunk )

Having said that, most of the syllabus not "related to computing", like Dijkstra's algorithm (why don't they teach A*?),minimum spanning trees, matrix multiplication (or is that FP1?) and inequalities are damn useful, even more so than C4 with its vectors and calculus, in the real world of computing (EDIT: And physics... You'll do a lot of matLAB, which is very numerically-oriented)- i.e. not the one that the mathematicians think still exists.
    I'd just like to say reading that was amazing. I'm terrible with computers and I swear guys who know their stuff are almost better than guys with guitars. I'm such a geek groupie
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    ...I can't decide whether I just got the p*ss taken out of me or whether that was a serious-ish comment :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Natural Sciences offer.. wooooo

ReputationRep:
    Really really want a Nottingham offer for archaeology I'm being so impatient, it's only just been 2 weeks, it's just because 3 of my other unis have been insanely fast in replying but Nottingham is playing hard to get :p: askfjhsdf and nobody else on here seems to have applied for it/got offers/rejections.

ReputationRep:
    Woo offer for Psychology and cognitive neuroscience.. I'm putting it as my firm with a lovely offer of ABB

ReputationRep:
    Applying for BEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering

ReputationRep:
    got an offer for Biological and medicinal chemistry

ABC/BBB

grade lower than the prospectus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dec S 92)
    got an offer for Biological and medicinal chemistry

ABC/BBB

grade lower than the prospectus
    Same here, I was offered BBC for computer science, Lower the prospectus, I thought getting into uni's was getting harder?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antipesto93)
    Same here, I was offered BBC for computer science, Lower the prospectus, I thought getting into uni's was getting harder?
    haha im not complaining

ReputationRep:
    Hey, does any one have an interview for next week Wednesday for MSci Physics and Astronomy?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an offer for Management Studies (N200) at Nottingham yet?

Please tell me if you have!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antipesto93)
    I know :confused: i also got offer for Nottingham for computer science :O giving it out early

ReputationRep:
    Offers finally. YESSSSSSS
    So happy.

ReputationRep:
    Applied for BSc Economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesnowman)
    Applied for BSc Economics

Hey,

can I ask what grades you got for GCSE and AS-level, as well as what you're predicted for A2?

Thanks

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 23, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.