Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what these UCAS open days are on the left hand side of the portal? I'm presuming they're just a visit to get more info from the department etc, but unsure if I should book if I went on the uni open day?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all. I Submitted my application trough UCAS last month. Now I have 5 conditional offers and a hard time deciding which uni to be my firm choice. Could you give me some help on this? My dilema is between Lancaster University/Course: Management (Study Abroad) (N201)/ and The University of Nottingham/Course: Management Studies (N200)/. They are completly the opposite but I know that they are both good. Lancaster is a really small city and that is my only concern because here in Bulgaria I live in a big town and I don't know how the small towns in UK are... I think I would get bored after the third week. And the alternative is the big City of Nottingham. However, they don't have year in Industry which I think is absolute a must ;[ Any suggestions?

P.S: My other offers are from Loughborough, Leeds and Aston.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Felamon)
    Hi all. I Submitted my application trough UCAS last month. Now I have 5 conditional offers and a hard time deciding which uni to be my firm choice. Could you give me some help on this? My dilema is between Lancaster University/Course: Management (Study Abroad) (N201)/ and The University of Nottingham/Course: Management Studies (N200)/. They are completly the opposite but I know that they are both good. Lancaster is a really small city and that is my only concern because here in Bulgaria I live in a big town and I don't know how the small towns in UK are... I think I would get bored after the third week. And the alternative is the big City of Nottingham. However, they don't have year in Industry which I think is absolute a must ;[ Any suggestions?

P.S: My other offers are from Loughborough, Leeds and Aston.
    I think you answered your own question there pal. If a year in industry is absolutely a must then you're better off going to a university which provides that.

ReputationRep:
    has anybody got an offer for BEng Mechanical engineering???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonerKebab)
    has anybody got an offer for BEng Mechanical engineering???
    I applied for MEng mech eng and they gave me an offer for MEng and BEng (within the same application) if that counts

ReputationRep:
    has anybody else had to fill in a 'Fee assessment questionnaire'?

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for medicine: AAA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 108)
    has anybody else had to fill in a 'Fee assessment questionnaire'?
    Yep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilylott)
    I have an offer for medicine: AAA
    CONGRATS you must be mega brainy - a few of my friends applied for med...they weren't so brainy :P

Is anyone thinking of firming nottingham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rowan06g)
    CONGRATS you must be mega brainy - a few of my friends applied for med...they weren't so brainy :P

Is anyone thinking of firming nottingham?
    Notts gave me the same offer as you for Genetics:
    BBB, it's gonna be my insurance though cause besides Essex its the lowest offer I have..Leeds is looking likely as my firm.. ABB
    what are you going to firm ?

ReputationRep:
    Giiiiiiiiiiiive me an oooooooooooooooooooooooooooffer already you stupid (perfect) uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilzyy)
    Notts gave me the same offer as you for Genetics:
    BBB, it's gonna be my insurance though cause besides Essex its the lowest offer I have..Leeds is looking likely as my firm.. ABB
    what are you going to firm ?
    I dunno yet, I really loved Nottingham at the open day, but Leeds is likely to be my firm as well.....not 100% sure though. Gonna go look at them again to make up my mind

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else having trouble boking the UCAS day ?

ReputationRep:
    I dunno yet, I really loved Nottingham at the open day, but Leeds is likely to be my firm as well.....not 100% sure though. Gonna go look at them again to make up my mind
    Yeah, same. Going to all the visit days..haven't been invited to Leeds yet though

ReputationRep:
    has anyone firmed/insuranced any of thier offers yet ?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, same. Going to all the visit days..haven't been invited to Leeds yet though
    Have you got your letter from Leeds yet? That's how I found out about when the open day is

ReputationRep:
    Have you got your letter from Leeds yet? That's how I found out about when the open day is
    Umm no...I got my offer ages ago...nothing in the post/email though..

ReputationRep:
    Umm no...I got my offer ages ago...nothing in the post/email though..
    It's probably just backed up because of the snow you should get your letter soon

ReputationRep:
    It's probably just backed up because of the snow you should get your letter soon
    Thanks
    I hope so!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissCardboardBox)
    has anyone firmed/insuranced any of thier offers yet ?
    I have
    Are you thinking of firming Nott?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 23, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.