Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an offer (or rejection) from American Studies and History? I sent my application off at the beginning of December and still haven't even got an acknowledgement!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maddy_o)
    Anyone got an offer (or rejection) from American Studies and History? I sent my application off at the beginning of December and still haven't even got an acknowledgement!
    i know some friends who have applied for american studies and history and have got offers, i think they sent the application off in november though, so dont worry im sure yours will come!
    i applied for single honours history at the beginning of november and they took about 2 weeks to reply xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emperor_Karnage)
    I recieved an Offer from Nottingham for GEOGRAPHY!!

Any Geographers Here?
    Yes! BA Geography what about u- BA or BSc? and what were your other unis?

ReputationRep:
    I have applied but out of my five choices Nottingham is the one I doubt very very very much I'll get in...they said they'd take other things into account but my GCSE's aren't "tip top" but I thought I'd give it a go.

I'm applying for a Science Foundation Year.

I'm not too happy about having to do a foundation but what can you do eh?

I only have two A2 Level's.

I'm not sure I want to go to Nottingham anyway.

ReputationRep:
    My GCSE aren't "tip top" nor are my AS or A-level.
    I didn't particularly do much outside school yet they still gave me 2 offers.
    So I guess you will just have to believe in yourself :]

ReputationRep:
    Cool!I suppose they also consider your personal statement and reference.

As I suppose even if you have A* all round you could be not very accademic, just super good at regurgitating information. lol

ReputationRep:
    Got a conditional offer today from Nottingham for Chemical Engineering MEng course, I really wanna go to Nottingham !

Anyone know how to see exactly what grades they want (or are the grades needed always just the ones presented with the course information [AAB in this case])? And is anyone else here applying for Chem Eng, or any other type of engineering at Nottingham?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Kyta)
    Got a conditional offer today from Nottingham for Chemical Engineering MEng course, I really wanna go to Nottingham !

Anyone know how to see exactly what grades they want (or are the grades needed always just the ones presented with the course information [AAB in this case])? And is anyone else here applying for Chem Eng, or any other type of engineering at Nottingham?
    Hi, congratulations on the offer!

To see the exact terms of the offer, go onto Track (when it's back up again), then choices, then click on the course code next to your offer and it will take you to another page where you can see all the details. Best to check what the exact terms are because many of us have got lower offers.

ReputationRep:
    Dudes Got an offer of AAB ( MENG chemEng ) who else applied to Chemical Eng at notts ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kj1801)
    Conditional for Spanish and International Media and Communication Studies
    anyone else applying for this course??????
    Hey what was you're offer for this course??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onge)
    i sent my sociology app to nottingham on 28th of october got an offer on the 19th of november.
    Hey what were the grades for your offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesssalt)
    Hey what were the grades for your offer?
    Well i already have A*BC and the offer is ABB. It's kinda high because i never did sociology before :/, but ehh ill still manage to get it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayp22)
    Does anyone know if the university still sends out offers throughout the christmas holidays
    I think they do, atleast for a little while!! I got one from nottingham yesturday (Monday 20th December)

GOOD LUCK :parrot:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone recieved a letter confirming their place? I still haven't got one and I want to visit there too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesssalt)
    Hey what was you're offer for this course??
    Hi, the offer is BBC, with a B in Spanish.

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Hispanic Studies, ABB

ReputationRep:
    yey a lot of Spanishies in this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CelineG)
    I think they do, atleast for a little while!! I got one from nottingham yesturday (Monday 20th December)

GOOD LUCK :parrot:
    Thanks still waiting been over a month

ReputationRep:
    i got an offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mqt)
    i got an offer!
    well done, for what? what were the conditions?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 23, 2012
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.