Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    Holy Mother of God!?!? 11 exams? And I was annoyed that I'll have 6 in Jan and 7 in June. I hope I don't have to resit anything in Summer or I'm fu- screwed. Good news is I have a chance of full marks in C3, the rest needs a little extra work but should be too bad hopefully.
    Ja 11 :') There were people at my school getting upset cause they had 3 (!!!) All i had to do was show them my timetable and they soon shut up. But the way my school run the further maths program means i've already done my Maths a-level (it just hasn't been certificated). So from last year i'm resitting Core 2, 3 and 4 and this year i'm doing FP1, M1, M2, S2 +Physics and GS in Jan.

If i don't get A's in Core 2, Fp1, M1 and S2 I won't be happy, but then I guess i'll only have myself to blame aha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the Jack pot)
    Hi

Yeah I am I really enjoyed the open day and thats what swayed it for me. I'm taking Art, DT (Graphics) and History. I'm confident in the A in Art and Graphics, but I can just see me slipping in History You?
    that's what they like though right? Creative kids of art :P..but i always imagined them to be quite a technical and sciency type of course rather than creative. yeah, the open day was great for architecture.
    Don't worry! work hard and you can get that A what did you get for AS?
    i'm taking Art, Economics and Maths...Possibly get an A in Art and Maths if i work bloody hard!...but Economics is harder than you think...and because I put alot of time and effort in to my other subjects THINKING economics is the easier one..it doesnt help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mqt)
    that's what they like though right? Creative kids of art :P..but i always imagined them to be quite a technical and sciency type of course rather than creative. yeah, the open day was great for architecture.
    Don't worry! work hard and you can get that A what did you get for AS?
    i'm taking Art, Economics and Maths...Possibly get an A in Art and Maths if i work bloody hard!...but Economics is harder than you think...and because I put alot of time and effort in to my other subjects THINKING economics is the easier one..it doesnt help
    Haha I did do Physics at AS, but I spoke to a student on the open day and he said he dropped all his science/maths ones once he knew he wanted to go to Nottingham. I got an A at AS level for History, but like you said I put more time into the other two and then forget about it :|

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer for Philosophy. It says ABB on the website but mine is ABC or BBB! Has anyone else had their offer lowered as well?

ReputationRep:
    Got a Natural Sciences offer
    AAA though ... kinda tough

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heading down for physics on 2nd feb? o:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going open day on the 5th for Computer Science ????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    How long did they take to get back to you?
    They took 19 days, and I sent off my application on the 12th November.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OllieJ)
    I applied for History V100, but was offered a place to do archaeology instead. My application was received by the University on the 24th and had a reply by the 20th of this month, so you should receive feedback soon, but then again it is Chrimbo so I'm guessing that it could be postponed until the admin officers return!
    Ah cool, thanks
    Are you going to accept the offer and do archaeology instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aantttt)
    Anyone heading down for physics on 2nd feb? o:

Im going down on the 2nd of Feb too! But im doin maths and physics degree... i think i maybe in the mathematical sciences building but not sure :/
    did anyone get a letter saying that they had been given an offer along with an invitation? coz i got one but on track it says that nottingham havent made me an offer yet :/ i thought it was probs due to the fact that it is the holidays
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Anyone going to the Politics open day in March? Or is anyone going to the January or February ones and can tell me whether or not to bother?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nirvana001)
    did anyone get a letter saying that they had been given an offer along with an invitation? coz i got one but on track it says that nottingham havent made me an offer yet :/ i thought it was probs due to the fact that it is the holidays
    I got an offer for Maths but no letter has come in the post... i guess it depends on the department :P But i heard the uni was closed until tomorrow anyway, so track will be updated soon

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but, when you get a conditional offer from Notts (via Track), do they usually send you an institution letter by post? I just find it weird that they didn't email me anything about it, but then again I'm not entirely sure how it works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tripodd)
    I've applied for English and got an email my applications on hold... I haven't kept my fingers crossed for so long before. Would definitely be my firm!

Did anyone else receive a similar email?
    heyy
    I had an email saying after they receive my creative writing sample (because I'm doing eng lit with cw) they would have to put my application on hold but I should receive a reply february latest x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nirvana001)
    Im going down on the 2nd of Feb too! But im doin maths and physics degree... i think i maybe in the mathematical sciences building but not sure :/
    yeah my letter says they'll be giving me an offer, but want me to go to the open day. someone else I know applying for physics there went and had her offer confirmed on the day (reduced by a grade too - I'd love an ABB ) if you've been invited to open day then I think it's safe to assume you're getting an offer (for physics anyway).

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to the Maths Visit day on the 9th of March was going in February but had to change

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going down for maths on the 2nd Feb?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel_Leah)
    heyy
    I had an email saying after they receive my creative writing sample (because I'm doing eng lit with cw) they would have to put my application on hold but I should receive a reply february latest x
    Ahh cool, good to know I'm not the only one in the boat
    *crosses fingers for both of us*

Nottingham would be my no.1 choice if I get an offer, how about yours? Apart from Loughborough and RH, I've applied to all your unis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tripodd)
    Ahh cool, good to know I'm not the only one in the boat
    *crosses fingers for both of us*

Nottingham would be my no.1 choice if I get an offer, how about yours? Apart from Loughborough and RH, I've applied to all your unis

Ahh that's cool are you just applying for Q300? I liked Nottingham a lot, but I haven't visited Birmingham yet. Kings would be my ideal first choice but I doubt ill get an offer looking at the competition xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel_Leah)
    Ahh that's cool are you just applying for Q300? I liked Nottingham a lot, but I haven't visited Birmingham yet. Kings would be my ideal first choice but I doubt ill get an offer looking at the competition xxx
    Yeah all mine are Q300 English or Literature on it's own... I think my manchester and Nottingham ones have slightly different course code because at Nottingham I'm applied for Lang & Lit combined. Kings competition seems insane, I loved their campus and department though (the library too )

I think we'll hear from Nottingham this month, I've become a track addict again lols

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 23, 2012
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.