PS Reviewer
    Applying to do maths

Really want to get in if I don't go Cambridge :yep:

ReputationRep:
    English all the way!!!

ReputationRep:
    Applied :proud:

ReputationRep:
    UCAS told me today I have been offered a place at Nottingham for Global Issues and Contemporary Chinese Studies (MSci Hons!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaitea14)
    UCAS told me today I have been offered a place at Nottingham for Global Issues and Contemporary Chinese Studies (MSci Hons!)
    Congratulations! :woo: That was quick!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by chaitea14)
    Well Done! Can I ask, when did you submit your application?

ReputationRep:
    Applying for English with creative writing (15 places )

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpdavis)
    Well Done! Can I ask, when did you submit your application?
    Thank you! I applied 20 September...rather early of them to get back to me in less than a month; I was expecting January or later!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Nottingham are generally quick or slow when it comes to giving out offers/rejections?

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to study Politics.

I'm a post-qualification applicant with A*AB (Socio, Pol, Hist) and the typical entry requirements are AAB so I'm going to cautiously edge on the side of optimism since my personal statement is apparently good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChopinNocturne)
    Does anyone know if Nottingham are generally quick or slow when it comes to giving out offers/rejections?
    Differs really. I would guess that the one's with good grades and decent personal statements will get offers rather quickly but there's several UCAS interview days so don't worry about it.

Mine may have taken two or more week and I also applied later (Late novemember/early Decemeber time) so you know if you haven't got an offer don't take that as a sign as you're being rejected just that they haven't got back to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel_Leah)

xxxx
    Not as bad as mine - only ten places

ReputationRep:
    applying for Modern Languages (French and Spanish) with Business Studies

ReputationRep:
    English Lit and Spanish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChopinNocturne)
    They were one of the quickest when I applied 3 years ago, and don't see why they wouldn't still be!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel_Leah)

xxxx
    I wouldn't worry too much about it, I think that's only a rough guide.

But have you also considered just applying for English, and doing subsiduary modules in creative writing? That might be an easier way to go, and you still get to do 20 out of 120 credits each year in something else. Depends how important the creative writing bit is to you though, obviously, and not too sure exactly what modules are available as I don't do English

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LemonKitty)
    I wouldn't worry too much about it, I think that's only a rough guide.

But have you also considered just applying for English, and doing subsiduary modules in creative writing? That might be an easier way to go, and you still get to do 20 out of 120 credits each year in something else. Depends how important the creative writing bit is to you though, obviously, and not too sure exactly what modules are available as I don't do English
    yeh I've already applied to two courses which r jst english with creative writing modules x

ReputationRep:
    Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience

ReputationRep:
    Wooooooo Neuroscience
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    got an acknowledgement email from nottingham

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.