Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catalina18)
    My offer from Warwick is for European Law, the French stream. Do you have one for Law and Sociology?
    I have applied for straight Law and Law and Sociology, but no offers received yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luckylucifer)
    She said she couldn't offer me a place on L100 but she was writing to a few people who were strong at Maths to put them on L140 :/
    Oh right, hmm I guess I'll just have to wait and see then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karunada)
    Applied to Nottingham, Loughborough, Sussex, East Anglia and Oxford Brookes Haha... Go to Nottingham for definite... as in to check it out ! I fell in love with it at first sight.. The accomodations aren't amazing but there's this group of flats that is!
    haha! that's exactly what other people have been telling me as well,
    so I probs will go
    Ohh, there's this private accommodation called OPAL and it looks soo nice, rooms are big and spacious (Y) and it's near the uni as well which is all good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimmy_law)
    I have applied for straight Law and Law and Sociology, but no offers received yet
    I think it depends on the department - maybe it's sociology holding things up? But also when did you send your application off? I sent mine at the beginning of October, so if you sent yours later maybe you were just further down the pile of applications so they haven't got to you yet? I don't know whether that's true but it's a possibility?

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,
    I have applied to do Biology w/ year in industry. I particularly love Nottingham as they offer it as a Masters degree. Anyone else doing the same/a similar subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maddy_o)
    Ah cool, thanks
    Are you going to accept the offer and do archaeology instead?
    Yes I will go too the open day and then visit the other universities which i have had offfers from for the v100 course, then decide
    But the idea of going to Nottingham is quite appealing for a number of reasons so as of yet am thinking of accepting!

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akhaliq)
    Hello all,
    I have applied to do Biology w/ year in industry. I particularly love Nottingham as they offer it as a Masters degree. Anyone else doing the same/a similar subject?
    I've applied for Natural Sciences - Biology, Chemistry and Maths- so sort of similar and Biology is my favourite of those subjects. Not sure if Nottingham will be my 1st choice though, depends if I get an offer from Durham. Have you got an offer yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-Saffire-x)
    Don't worry - I was waiting since December too and recieved it a couple of days ago...you'll get your letter soon
    Was your offer conditional? Well, mine's conditional.. if you get a letter from a conditional offer then I won't worry as much

ReputationRep:
    I cannot believe it's almost February and I haven't received anything since acknowledgement of my creative writing sample what are they doing to me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebeccap)
    I've applied for Natural Sciences - Biology, Chemistry and Maths- so sort of similar and Biology is my favourite of those subjects. Not sure if Nottingham will be my 1st choice though, depends if I get an offer from Durham. Have you got an offer yet?
    notts > durham :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catalina18)
    Thanks good luck to you too

I'm not sure what my choices are, but so far I have offers from Warwick, Durham and York (the last two are for straight Law) and I was rejected from Oxford. Would Notts be your firm? And where else have you applied?
    I was rejected from Oxford too, post-interview. Screwed up the interview XD
    And no, UCL will be my firm, but I'm waiting to see whether Nottingham give me an offer, because I need an insurance. I doubt they'd offer anything lower than AAA, but I've heard a few people getting surprisingly low grade requirements this year, so it's worth a chance =D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel_Leah)
    I cannot believe it's almost February and I haven't received anything since acknowledgement of my creative writing sample what are they doing to me!
    Send them an email and give them a kick up the arse. I was going to do the same with Manchester but I got a letter from them through the post the same day I was going to send them an email.

ReputationRep:
    You did too? :O High five! :P I swear there are only meant to be 10 places on that course though, compared to the 133 on L100. I saw it as an offer rather than a rejection :P It's exactly the same except they choose some of your optional modules for you. It's not like you don't get to choose your own modules as well. Plus it means they reckon you're good at Maths :P The only bad thing would be if you weren't planning on choosing the Econometrics modules in the first place or you have a particular dislike for Econometrics, but I reckon if you ended up going there and you really really didn't want to do Econometrics, they'd pretty easily change you back over to L100.
    Hi, can i just ask you whether you called nottingham up regarding the rejection or they called you up giving you an alternative?

oh and what are your predicted grades

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Amy Economic applicants with offers/ rejections?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trece13)
    Amy Economic applicants with offers/ rejections?
    I'm still waiting! In the Econ offers thread there have been a few for AAB so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glen_Nichols)
    I'm still waiting! In the Econ offers thread there have been a few for AAB so far.
    Those are only internationals though, aren't they? I saw one or two people who got rejected but offered onto a similar course but aside from that, the econ. department has been real quiet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldlock)
    Those are only internationals though, aren't they? I saw one or two people who got rejected but offered onto a similar course but aside from that, the econ. department has been real quiet!
    Im still waiting on Econ too. I don't think any home students have been given any offers yet, as far as i know anyways. Hurry up Notts!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Rachel_Leah)
    Remember, no news is good news

I don't understand why unis are taking so long. I'm waiting on York who are doing the collected field instead of rejecting/accepting people as they come through, which means they're gonna have to go through a five month pile of applications. Well they better give me an answer before 1 March, because I don't want to end up in off-campus accomodation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trece13)
    Hi, can i just ask you whether you called nottingham up regarding the rejection or they called you up giving you an alternative?

oh and what are your predicted grades

thanks
    They didn't reject me or anything yet, they just emailed me saying it's L140 or nothing and asking if I wanted it. My grades are in my profile.

ReputationRep:
    They didn't reject me or anything yet, they just emailed me saying it's L140 or nothing and asking if I wanted it. My grades are in my profile.
    oh right cheers, your grades are amazing! your like some robotic mind lol

are you chinese by any chance? hoep you dont mind me asking

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 23, 2012
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.