Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to the languages open day on wednesday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    Haha.

That makes sense but it genuinely seems to be a great place to live and study. You get to choose what type of room you get and on what campus but that doesnt change much. Last year you could choose which hall but not any more.
    Yeah.. Hmm I wish they'd given me an offer even just a week ago to give me more thinking time lol. Because accommodation opens tomorrow, and I obviously haven't decided on what to do with my life as I'm STILL waiting on two more universities aha, I doubt I'd get my first choice of self-catering at Broadgate Park, and I wouldn't like to be so far away from University Park in the other two, so I have a feeling my time is running out for deciding lol x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel_Leah)
    Yeah.. Hmm I wish they'd given me an offer even just a week ago to give me more thinking time lol. Because accommodation opens tomorrow, and I obviously haven't decided on what to do with my life as I'm STILL waiting on two more universities aha, I doubt I'd get my first choice of self-catering at Broadgate Park, and I wouldn't like to be so far away from University Park in the other two, so I have a feeling my time is running out for deciding lol x
    >.> That does suck but I wouldnt worry too much, I doubt all the places at BGP will be gone in less than 2 months(for example). It'd only be for one year at any rate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fortunecookie)
    Is anyone going to the languages open day on wednesday?
    I'm going to the Bio sciences one on weds... lol

ReputationRep:
    Finally got an offer from Nottingham AAB for Geography with Business !! ...is anybody doing anything similar? I think im going to firm it - waiting to hear information about open days. What is the accommodation/campus/city life like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mimi17)
    Finally got an offer from Nottingham AAB for Geography with Business !! ...is anybody doing anything similar? I think im going to firm it - waiting to hear information about open days. What is the accommodation/campus/city life like?
    All the information on visit days should be available on your Portal page

The main campus is absolutely lovely and the others are very accessible (free shuttle bus). It's got an excellent reputation as a student city with loads to do.

The applications for accommodation actually open tomorrow and are on a first come first served basis, but you're guaranteed some sort of room if you firm it and apply before August, so don't make a rash decision All the info is here: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommod...mmodation.aspx and you're generally hard pushed to find anyone saying anything bad about any of the halls, apart from the usual loudness etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hello !
    Got in for Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience, my offer is ABC or BBB.

From what I've read, Nottingham seems wonderful. Bit worried about the reputation it has about the crime rate though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohmynoes)
    Hello !
    Got in for Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience, my offer is ABC or BBB.

From what I've read, Nottingham seems wonderful. Bit worried about the reputation it has about the crime rate though
    Sameee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mimi17)
    I'm going for Languages with Business - Already firmed it

I went to an open day and I have to say the accommodation is pretty impressive. The rooms are nice and the halls themselves are big. They don't feel "cosy" as you would expect them to be but I'm sure undergrads have a great time in them.

The main campus is stunning, but it's big! There's lots to do sports-wise. I didn't get to see all of it but I liked the bits that I did see.

Haven't seen the city but I've heard the nightlife is good, there's like three student clubbing nights each week, 10 minute interval buses into town, good shopping and nightlife, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LornaSandison1)
    That's reassuring! Congrats on your offer by the way
    Thanks
    They're probably just taking a while to get through all the applications seeing as they didn't start giving offers until after the deadline. Although the fact that you still haven't heard anything could be a good sign. Most of the people I know who applied for Nottingham and got rejected heard back much earlier.

ReputationRep:
    Rejected for English Lit with Creative Writing. It's my own fault for not submitting a risky piece of writing. Still makes me feel a bit rubbish, but I'll bounce back. I would definitely not have chosen an AAB offer from here over my AAB offer at UEA anyway, and Notts was a bit too far out.

So sayonara, people of this thread - and congrats on the offers everyone who has them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerry_x)
    Thanks
    They're probably just taking a while to get through all the applications seeing as they didn't start giving offers until after the deadline. Although the fact that you still haven't heard anything could be a good sign. Most of the people I know who applied for Nottingham and got rejected heard back much earlier.
    Hmm. Perhaps they do it in alphabetical order, because I sent my application in very early so I don't imagine it's first come first serve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel_Leah)
    Haha I know, I sent my application on the 4th of OCTOBER, they requested a writing sample and I sent that early NOVEMBER so I literally thought the English admissions tutors had died lol.

I went to the general open day in September and loved it, hence putting it down as a choice, but I had loads of trouble with asking them questions about the creative writing (i.e. I would email the address I was given over the phone, get emailed back by a postgraduate woman who talked to me about the MA which obviously doesn't apply to me, reply, get ignored, phone up and have them deny I ever emailed...MENTAL) so that kinda put me off for a bit. I think I must go to an actual visit day soon, because I really want to sort my life out haha. Is it true we can't choose all our accommodation etc?x
    Congrats on your offer! I've been waiting since October 1st so I feel your pain.

ReputationRep:
    Architecture :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexs2602)
    Sure, I'd be happy to. Essenially soton and notts are pretty much the same academically which bought my decision down to the campus more tham anything else and nottingham beats soton hands down on that front. Nottingham has a great big campus with well kept buildings and a new maths building in sept *fingers crossed* Soton has a lot more built up campus with a couple of run down buildings inc the maths building, theatre and accommodation and just didn't have the studenty feeling that notts did.
    im also doing maths, so was quite happy about the idea of a new building. thanks. very helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmericanPsycho)
    there's like three student clubbing nights each week.
    I think the correct number is perhaps roughly twice that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by COSMICDOLPHIN)
    I think the correct number is perhaps roughly twice that.
    Ah, even better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rutheee...x)
    im also doing maths, so was quite happy about the idea of a new building. thanks. very helpful
    No problems. If you need to know anything else then ask away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hispol)
    This is probably a really stupid question, but do I have to book a place on a UCAS visit day? If I do, how do I go about this? I received a letter informing me of my offer about a week ago but there was little information about UCAS visit days other than a brief plan and a parking permit with a selection of dates. I logged on to the applicants portal but there's nothing about visit days and I can't find anything on their website either. Surely I can't just show up whenever I choose?

I feel really silly right now, but can someone please help me?!
    It's on a little sidebar when you log on to the portal but you can always call them to book a place.

ReputationRep:
    Going to the open day/interview thing on Wednesday! They've done that thing where they've said I'm getting an offer but they haven't decided on what it'll be yet, so I have to go to this thing. (:

I'm not worried about it though, seeing as they said I've definitely ~got an offer. In a way I'm happy about it because it'll be a warm-up before my York interview the day after! Absolutely terrified of that day!

Any other physics applicants going on wednesday?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.