with what exactly?
Reply 2
ohh sorry, with lving away from home!!
Reply 3
It's not hard..
Reply 4
uzy786ak
ohh sorry, with lving away from home!!

The same as you would do at home, though now uni is you're "new home".
Reply 5
Stefan1991
The same as you would do at home, though now uni is you're "new home".

But it isn't. It's temporary and can never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever match up to your real home. It's like living in a crap hotel room for long spells until you can finally go home for a while to your real home.
Reply 6
vhvhvh
But it isn't. It's temporary and can never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever match up to your real home. It's like living in a crap hotel room for long spells until you can finally go home for a while to your real home.

Agreed! i loved the house i'm in atm when i came to view it, now i'm actually here i've realised all of its bad points, all the negatives of shared housing and it is no where near home. it's a house, a room, but it's not home.
Reply 7
Sounds like your homesick.

You've been at uni for how long? Couldn't really be long. You'll adapt soon enough.

Basically just try make some friends and think of your housing as what it is - a place where you eat, sleep, and may or may not study (as in, you may find someplace else to study).
Uni is more home to me than 'home'... uni is where all my friends and boyfriend are, and where I can do what I like. 'Home' is just somewhere my stepmother lives.
Reply 9
vhvhvh

How is it temporary? You're living there for THREE years, and then you're obviously not going to go back and live with your parents are you?
I'm back at home at the moment but I much preferred having my own room, living with people my age, and basically just having fun really.

I don't know how bad your accommodation is, why don't you just upgrade if it's that bad?
Teao the Cat
Uni is more home to me than 'home'... uni is where all my friends and boyfriend are, and where I can do what I like. 'Home' is just somewhere my stepmother lives.

Couldn't agree more.
Reply 11
Stefan1991
How is it temporary? You're living there for THREE years, and then you're obviously not going to go back and live with your parents are you?
I'm back at home at the moment but I much preferred having my own room, living with people my age, and basically just having fun really.

I don't know how bad your accommodation is, why don't you just upgrade if it's that bad?

1. Of course I am. Considering most people move into their own place in the second year, halls are about as temporary as it gets. If I had to live away for all this time and couldn't go back, i'd rather not live at all. No matter how much you pretend, it is not easy to cope.
2. 'Upgrade'. It's not a bloody flight.
(edited 13 years ago)
The university's your home now. Get used to it...
Reply 13
RamocitoMorales
The university's your home now. Get used to it...

No it isn't. You don't know me. You can't tell me where my home is. My home is at home with my family and my things and my cushions and my bed and my TV and my fish and my soft toys and my music and all that I know and that I have known and all that I will know.Other places are nice excursions but they are never going to be home.
Reply 14
[QUOTE]
Sounds like your homesick.

You've been at uni for how long? Couldn't really be long. You'll adapt soon enough.

Basically just try make some friends and think of your housing as what it is - a place where you eat, sleep, and may or may not study (as in, you may find someplace else to study).[/QUOTE

hopefully this is the case
This thread is ridiculous. Get a grip, how the **** are you going to get anywhere in life if you cry every time you have to get used to something new.
Reply 16
vhvhvh
No it isn't. You don't know me. You can't tell me where my home is. My home is at home with my family and my things and my cushions and my bed and my TV and my fish and my soft toys and my music and all that I know and that I have known and all that I will know.Other places are nice excursions but they are never going to be home.

You do know that you'll have to move out, and your parents house wont be your home forever.
Reply 17
Sequin
You do know that you'll have to move out, and your parents house wont be your home forever.

There are no laws or rules telling me where I have to live. I never have to leave in my life if I don't want to and even if I do this is still my home. If the house burnt down I would sit in the burning embers because it is my home.
Reply 18
ColonelMoore
This thread is ridiculous. Get a grip, how the **** are you going to get anywhere in life if you cry every time you have to get used to something new.

What can I get a grip on when I am not at home and all of my stuff is at home in my home and my soft toys and all of the things that give me comfort and support and courage are there eighty miles away?
Reply 19
vhvhvh
There are no laws or rules telling me where I have to live. I never have to leave in my life if I don't want to and even if I do this is still my home. If the house burnt down I would sit in the burning embers because it is my home.

Suppose thats your parents choice.
You might think its your choice, but really its thiers. They have decided to let you live there for as long as you want. If they turned around tomorrow and said get out, considering that the house is in thier name, you'd have no choice but to move.
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest