The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
vhvhvh
1. Of course I am. Considering most people move into their own place in the second year, halls are about as temporary as it gets. If I had to live away for all this time and couldn't go back, i'd rather not live at all. No matter how much you pretend, it is not easy to cope.
2. 'Upgrade'. It's not a bloody flight.

You are honestly going to move back in with your parents? :rofl:
Are you going to still be living with them when you're 40?

How exactly is it not easy to cope? I still don't get exactly what you have to cope with. We all live in halls and we don't have to 'cope' with anything.
vhvhvh
No it isn't. You don't know me. You can't tell me where my home is. My home is at home with my family and my things and my cushions and my bed and my TV and my fish and my soft toys and my music and all that I know and that I have known and all that I will know.Other places are nice excursions but they are never going to be home.

I completely agree with you, and feel the same way. I've always been very a much 'homebird' and, being an only child, I spend so much time with my parents and we get along so well. Right now I have a nice room and nice flatmates, but it isn't home. And right now it's really upsetting me to understand that I won't be 'home' for a very long time and that my birthday will be here, away from my family and everything I find comforting and all I've ever known.

I know everyone says that you get homesick and that 'you'll get over it after a while', but, like you, I'm beginning to wonder if that's ever going to happen. So I understand how you feel, and I certainly disagree with some of the comments that other's have made on this thread.

I hope you do adapt and feel much more at home soon :smile: xxx
vhvhvh
No it isn't. You don't know me. You can't tell me where my home is. My home is at home with my family and my things and my cushions and my bed and my TV and my fish and my soft toys and my music and all that I know and that I have known and all that I will know.Other places are nice excursions but they are never going to be home.

Once you've left university (not necassarily straight after) you really should move out of your family home at some point. Once you have a proper job there is no excuse not too find a new house/apartment and start your own adult life.
I doubt you'll ever feel properlly at 'home' again until you have a family of your own tbh. That's life :cookie:

((This is my opinion generally btw, and I know when it comes to it I'll probably find it hard to let go too, but it has to be done. I mean, I don't want to hit 30 and still be living with my mum and dad))
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 23
Stefan1991
You are honestly going to move back in with your parents? :rofl:
Are you going to still be living with them when you're 40?

How exactly is it not easy to cope? I still don't get exactly what you have to cope with. We all live in halls and we don't have to 'cope' with anything.

You have to cope with being away from home and not being at home and being in a strange location that isn't home. It is not an easy thing to cope with.

I live at home because it is my home. I do not understand what is so amusing about living at home with my family. This is not ancient Sparta where children are wrestled from their parents at age eight and forced to live in barracks and join the military.
vhvhvh
What can I get a grip on when I am not at home and all of my stuff is at home in my home and my soft toys and all of the things that give me comfort and support and courage are there eighty miles away?

Yes but, and here's the thing, do you think it is healthy to be so totally reliant on those things that you end up like this when you don't have them?

Fact of the matter is, life's hard. If you can't deal with it, go home and get a job working in Tesco. Do that till you're 65, retire, and you'll never have to leave home.
Reply 25
InsaneFandom
Once you've left university (not necassarily straight after) you really should move out of your family home at some point. Once you have a proper job there is no excuse not too find a new house/apartment and start your own adult life.
I doubt you'll ever feel properlly at 'home' again until you have a family of your own tbh. That's life :cookie:

But that is then and that is a long way off and I am not ready yet and probably will not be for a very long time.
Reply 26
Seriously - Time to grow up
Reply 27
Neon_Neon
Seriously - Time to grow up

No it isn't i don't feel ready i can't yet i don't want to i'm barely out of childhood i'm only nineteen not yet. Away from home is not easy. I am not emotionally prepared i accept that but nor could i be at this time in my life.
vhvhvh
But that is then and that is a long way off and I am not ready yet and probably will not be for a very long time.

I see where you're coming from..
I guess it's just one of those things, some people have more trouble letting go than others :dontknow:
I'm sure you'll gradually adjust :yep:
I know a fair few people who are in / have finished university who've said that by second or third year they actually got frustrated when they visited home, because they were back to being nagged & moaned at for little things :smile:
You've just gotta hang in there I guess.
Reply 29
aww don't worry u'll get used to it
Buy some condoms and wear one while masturbating.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 31
I felt like this at first, but now uni is more my home. Independance is lovely. And all of my friends are there.
Man up.

Uni is my home now. I suppose the fact that my original home is **** helped to establish that, but whatever.
Reply 33
vhvhvh
You have to cope with being away from home and not being at home and being in a strange location that isn't home. It is not an easy thing to cope with.

I live at home because it is my home. I do not understand what is so amusing about living at home with my family. This is not ancient Sparta where children are wrestled from their parents at age eight and forced to live in barracks and join the military.

It means you've got **** all independence, and you haven't grown up/matured enough to become an adult. Basically you're still a kid.

You need to grow up and learn how to live and survive by yourself so when your parents die you won't just curl up and die.
Sorry, soft toys? That's it, I'm calling troll.

:troll:

On the off chance this isn't.... Give it time, you could well get used to it. Wait until christmas, and come home if you still hate it. Then you'll at least have given it a go.
vhvhvh
But it isn't. It's temporary and can never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever match up to your real home. It's like living in a crap hotel room for long spells until you can finally go home for a while to your real home.

haha i understand what you mean , university accomodation is a room where you get your head down and sleep but my house is where my family and girlfriend are =) if you dont like is so much why dont you commute ? i only live an hour away so after xmas thats what im considering doing

Latest

Trending

Trending