Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do you think?

About 50% of people don't get 5 A-C grades.
    Yet 1 in 5 students achieve an A star or A grade.

It seems the GCSE'S are failing everyone on all fronts.
    It would be silly to make the GCSE's harder yet it's very hard to identify the exceptional as so many are getting top grades.

I think the GCSES need to be replaced or need a revamp, they are obviously are not working.
    I think the main issue is that the level of teaching varies so much. A person in a grammar school has a huge advantage over someone going to a second rate comprehensive school.

*I know there are similar threads like this but most of them are slightly biased as they only talk about them being to easy.

ReputationRep:
    change them to what exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgieBoy)
    It's their own fault for going to a second rate comprehensive.
    I had no choice in which school I went to, which happened to be a very poor secondary school. Your future shouldn't be decided by what school your parents send you to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam271)
    I had no choice in which school I went to, which happened to be a very poor secondary school. Your future shouldn't be decided by what school your parents send you to.
    He was being sarcastic/trolly.

ReputationRep:
    I think there should be just more grades, so atm there is a*, a , b ,c ,d ,e ,f which is a total of 7. Maybe 10 or 11 grades like

a+,a,b+,b,c+,c,c-,d+,d,d-,fail

then you could differentiate between the best (make an A+ much much harder, so that the old A* would be equivalent to a new A grade.) and the worst. and also grades would be more accurate to peoples ability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mann18)
    He was being sarcastic/trolly.
    I suspected so I guess it takes a while to get used to the trolls on tsr. :yep:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.