Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I quite fancy getting into this!

There's an art shop near me that has some stuff for this, but does anyone here do it?

How do you get started?

Wow, I did well on the thread title: 'Does anyone do hand-made jewellery?', even.

ReputationRep:
    I used to, I bought some plyers and things off eBay, along with some bead and pendants. Look on YouTube, there's bound to be videos about it on there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alissasantiago)
    I used to, I bought some plyers and things off eBay, along with some bead and pendants. Look on YouTube, there's bound to be videos about it on there.
    Thanks Did you enjoy it and how difficult was it? Ha ha...

ReputationRep:
    I've just started doing this too! You'll need to get things like some beads, something like wire or cord to thread them on to, a pair of pliers, and maybe something like a clasp to hold it all together. Have you tried looking on Hobbycraft at all? It's expensive, but it has a lot of useful stuff that would get you started, and it shows how to make some basic jewellery too.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kattt_452)
    Thanks Did you enjoy it and how difficult was it? Ha ha...
    Oh not hard at all! It was fun for a while, but I couldn't be bothered to keep buying beads, aha. I'd recommend it though, you could try selling them too.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did. I sold them and made LOADS of profit :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_Lexie_x)
    Yeah I did. I sold them and made LOADS of profit :lol:
    How/whereabouts did you make this profit? :p:

ReputationRep:
    How/whereabouts did you make this profit?
    try ebay

ReputationRep:
    I make and sell jewellery myself over on the (mainly) American site Etsy.com
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheWellingtonBoot

I buy chain on rolls, then buy seperate clasps and jump rings, then add pendants. You will also need headpins, which are available in a variety of gauges and shapes. If you want to do wire wrapping wou will obviously need the appropriate wire. Then you can progress to more complicated things like metalwork or wire designs if you like

I've written this for people who want to selll their handmade products:
    http://www.squidoo.com/makingandsellingjewellery

ReputationRep:
    How/whereabouts did you make this profit? :p:
    Well my family live in Dubai which is a really rich city (or it was) and lots of rich people vacate there. So I went to the markets and spent about £40 on the stuff. I made earings and bracelets, nice ones with big stones. Not cheap looking and I went to Palm Island (which is where all the rich people stay) and they paid around £18 per bracelet and £14 per pair of earings :lol: It was awesome! I might do it again this Christmas :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 27, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.