Turn on thread page Beta

Hair loss- need to sort it out! watch

ReputationRep:
    I see a lot of people on the street with hair loss. WTF?! Is that even normal?

ReputationRep:
    Change your shampoo back.

Go to your GP.. rubbish made up cures dont work.

ReputationRep:
    Zinc tablets and change shampoo x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    OK basically my hair has always been healthy but I think I changed my shampoo a few months ago and my hair has started to fall out like there is no tomorrow .

Basically to counteract this I've been told to massage my hair with mustard oil but the question is; how frequently? Also I have been told to eat a lot of yoghurt mixed with milk is this good?

Also what shall I do to my diet? Coming from a South Asian family means that I consume a lot of pitta breads/chappati's. What shall I do? I don't mind getting rid of those things completely, I'll do whatever to stop my hair...:cry:

Pictures of your hair please. I think your exaggerating to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    What zinc tablets? And can anyone give me advice on what I said in the original post? My hair is just flying away and I need help quick.
    Go to your GP and get referred to see a dermatologist rather than having people online try and guess the reason for your hair loss which could be 1 of 100 things.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly doubt the GP is gonna do anything about it. They're always making excuses.
    Making excuses for what?

ReputationRep:
    What zinc tablets? And can anyone give me advice on what I said in the original post? My hair is just flying away and I need help quick.
    Yeah zinc tablets. My hair was falling out in actual clumps and handfulls and I thought I was going to lose all of my hair. The doctor said it was because I have pcos and didnt help, but my mums friend is a nurse and suggested zinc, and it has helped. My hair still comes out but not in clumps. Its worth a try! x

ReputationRep:
    What zinc tablets do you take if you don't mind me asking? Thanks.
    I just had a look at the pot and it says there called vitaminstore. But I looked online and couldnt find it. I get them from savers and I have seen them in the supermarket. Im sure other makes wil do the same thing. I have no idea if zinc is suppose to work but it did for me - Im not a doctor!! Good luck x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.