Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I see a lot of people on the street with hair loss. WTF?! Is that even normal?

ReputationRep:
    Change your shampoo back.

Go to your GP.. rubbish made up cures dont work.

ReputationRep:
    Zinc tablets and change shampoo x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    OK basically my hair has always been healthy but I think I changed my shampoo a few months ago and my hair has started to fall out like there is no tomorrow .

Basically to counteract this I've been told to massage my hair with mustard oil but the question is; how frequently? Also I have been told to eat a lot of yoghurt mixed with milk is this good?

Also what shall I do to my diet? Coming from a South Asian family means that I consume a lot of pitta breads/chappati's. What shall I do? I don't mind getting rid of those things completely, I'll do whatever to stop my hair...:cry:

Pictures of your hair please. I think your exaggerating to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    What zinc tablets? And can anyone give me advice on what I said in the original post? My hair is just flying away and I need help quick.
    Go to your GP and get referred to see a dermatologist rather than having people online try and guess the reason for your hair loss which could be 1 of 100 things.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly doubt the GP is gonna do anything about it. They're always making excuses.
    Making excuses for what?

ReputationRep:
    What zinc tablets? And can anyone give me advice on what I said in the original post? My hair is just flying away and I need help quick.
    Yeah zinc tablets. My hair was falling out in actual clumps and handfulls and I thought I was going to lose all of my hair. The doctor said it was because I have pcos and didnt help, but my mums friend is a nurse and suggested zinc, and it has helped. My hair still comes out but not in clumps. Its worth a try! x

ReputationRep:
    What zinc tablets do you take if you don't mind me asking? Thanks.
    I just had a look at the pot and it says there called vitaminstore. But I looked online and couldnt find it. I get them from savers and I have seen them in the supermarket. Im sure other makes wil do the same thing. I have no idea if zinc is suppose to work but it did for me - Im not a doctor!! Good luck x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.