Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm thinking of applying and just looking for a good description what facilities the gym has? And how much it costs for the year?

ReputationRep:
    It is one of the best in the country, as far as university gyms go: http://www.teambath.com/what-we-do/fitness/

ReputationRep:
    It's a fantastic gym. Last year it was about £180 for the year, you have to pay it all in one lump some which is a bit annoying, but still, it's cheaper than fitness first in town

ReputationRep:
    £209 for the year, and it is indeed fantastic.
    6 olympic medalists train/ed here, as have the england rugby team!

ReputationRep:
    Its crap, they tell you its brilliant and most people believe it. It is £209 for the gym and £279 for gym and classes. I am getting a better deal at fitness first which is a million times better. Because I can get a shorter membership. (Most students aren't around for the whole year with summer being 4 months)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Tears and Butterflies*)
    Its crap, they tell you its brilliant and most people believe it. It is £209 for the gym and £279 for gym and classes. I am getting a better deal at fitness first which is a million times better. Because I can get a shorter membership. (Most students aren't around for the whole year with summer being 4 months)
    Cheers is the equipment better at fitness first then? I'm not too fussed about the money as long as it is less than £250 which is what I'm paying at the moment!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Tears and Butterflies*)
    Because I can get a shorter membership. (Most students aren't around for the whole year with summer being 4 months)
    You can pause your membership over the summer though...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you can, they say that the reduced price takes into account small summer usage or something rubbish like that.

ReputationRep:
    its ok, weights section could do with having more equipment, but cardio section is ok!
    Gets crazy busy though, you have to wait for machines sometimes

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.